• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Waking to the End of the World

Bunksunbound

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia March 2023
Hi, I’m walking from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia in March.

I previously walked from Sarria to Santiago and Tui to Santiago pre-pandemic and have wanted to come back for a long time.

Any top tips for this particular Camino?

Many thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get the "ultimo sello".

If you go passed the tourist shop by the car park towards the lighthouse, there is a guy with a stamp offering a (ultimo) sello as 'donativo'. Purely a commercial rather than a spiritual arrangement but might appeal to you. On the left side as you go down.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 11
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I would second the advice about choosing which route to take!
On my first Camino in 2017, I did Muxia to Finisterre, because of the better transport options!
Although there are more buses leaving from Finisterre, they can get really busy!

Check the weather before leaving!
I arrived into Finisterre to dense fog and rain, couldn’t see a thing!
Muxia in comparison was warm and sunny!
I also didn’t realise the 0.0km marker and lighthouse was actually a extra few km from the town centre!
I had planned to stay an extra day in Finisterre, but the weather was so bad, I got the bus back the next day!

Only to choose wisely the order. If you plan to take the bus back you will find that Finisterre offers a more robust timetable while Muxía has only 2 a day (last I checked). Both are very relaxed seaside villages, but Muxía even more so
Only to choose wisely the order. If you plan to take the bus back you will find that Finisterre offers a more robust timetable while Muxía has only 2 a day (last I checked). Both are very relaxed seaside villages, but Muxía even more so.
After finishing the Frances I will be doing this last stage. I can’t seem to make up my mind about what direction. 1) Santiago-Finisterre-muxia OR 2) Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre.

Bus schedules not a problem as I am not in a fixed schedule. Thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Watching the sun go down at Finisterre - I was advised by a local barman that the best view was from Praia do Mar de Fóra rather than from the lighthouse at the end of the promotory. As I already gone out to the lighthouse earlier in the day, I went to the beach. It was not busy and it is a lot closer to the town than the lighthouse. Watching the sun go down as I sat on the beach was a moving and wonderful end to 41 days on the road from San Sebastián. I recommend it.

Muxia will allways be special to me.
I was sitting on top of the St.Marys church on the end of the town right at the sea on the neolithical s carvings when suddenly a fog came in from the sea and engulfed the town in now time. . I could see why the ancient ones thought that was a pass to the other world.
From Finister to Muxia was one of the loveliest steched of the Camino for me.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back