Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walk from Lugo to Sarria?

Vince Obsitnik

Time of past OR future Camino
April (2017)
I am walking the Primitivo the end of March and plan on meeting my wife and daughter in Sarria to walk to Santiago. I had planned on taking a bus from Lugo to Sarria but I might have time to walk instead. Does anyone have any experience with walking from Lugo to Sarria? I don't think there is a trail so it would be along roads. Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You could follow the Primitivo to the turn off for Palais de Rei, that would be 2 days from Lugo, then backtrack along the Frances to Sarria. It might be longer than finding your own way but the advantage that you would keep off asphalt and busy roads.

Yeah, that about going to Palas de Rey looks like the only alternative I can think about :-(

Can´t your family joint you in Lugo? It is the same 100 km to Santiago.

Also you can take the railway from Lugo to Sarria. It takes like 30 min and you have around 6 or 7 services per day.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yeah, that about going to Palas de Rey looks like the only alternative I can think about :-(

Can´t your family joint you in Lugo? It is the same 100 km to Santiago.

Also you can take the railway from Lugo to Sarria. It takes like 30 min and you have around 6 or 7 services per day.
Hi
Do you get a compostela when starting in lugo? It's just 91 km

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back