Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Walk or bike ride this April 2020 to get to Santiago for Easter weekend

Chaseme

Camino(s) past & future
Future Camino (Portugal)(Finisterre)
Hi, I am new to this forum and my first Camino so would like advice on my travel dates and routes to take. I have a window of 12 days to go from Porto to Santiago de Compostela for Easter weekend so recommended ways with luggage transport and then a alternative route from April 13 to 27 returning to Santiago de Compostela to fly back to the States I would maybe do some biking and enjoy good paths and scenic views more seaside or country hillsides so anyone out there any recommendations for me?

D

Deleted member 67185

Hello, Chaseme , and a warm welcome to the Forum. :)

Here is a link which also may be of help as you begin: American Pilgrims on Camino's FAQs about a camino pilgrimage

The good news is, you are in a forum with a wonderful group of people. Most are here to help people like you to achieve their pilgrimage goals. We can offer you encouragement, knowledge, and point you in the direction that will help you help yourself.

There have been a lot of threads and recent posts with similar questions to those you have posed. My suggestion to start is this:
  1. Make a list of questions and concerns that you have.
  2. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  3. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  4. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.

Pscarmen

My Way is better than any highway!
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago (2019)
Hi, I am new to this forum and my first Camino so would like advice on my travel dates and routes to take. I have a window of 12 days to go from Porto to Santiago de Compostela for Easter weekend so recommended ways with luggage transport and then a alternative route from April 13 to 27 returning to Santiago de Compostela to fly back to the States I would maybe do some biking and enjoy good paths and scenic views more seaside or country hillsides so anyone out there any recommendations for me?
Following!

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock