• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Walk support companies

Granniesruntoo

Time of past OR future Camino
StJPdP to Burgos (2014)
Burgos to Ponferrada( Sept 2015)
We walked the first part of the Camino unsupported last year but due to increasing age I am looking at baggage transport and someone to book our stops for the next stage.
Has anyone experience of www.waystjames.com,( called' Camino de Santiago Reservas' in Spanish) ? Most others seem incredibly expensive for what they do but my Spanish is not good enough to do our own pre-booking.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to answer but the mods can remove my post if it is breaking rules. I take small groups on the Camino. I'm not sure which section(s) you are looking to walk but you can see what I offer at this link:

http://anniecarvalho.weebly.com/

We also can make private arrangements for people and we offer a Kick Start program.

Hmm I am thinking maybe a new careers as a porter. Nope, they wouldn't let me stay longer than 90 days...:rolleyes:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We walked the first part of the Camino unsupported last year but due to increasing age I am looking at baggage transport and someone to book our stops for the next stage.
Has anyone experience of www.waystjames.com,( called' Camino de Santiago Reservas' in Spanish) ? Most others seem incredibly expensive for what they do but my Spanish is not good enough to do our own pre-booking.

Hi, I am a Spaniard living in Canada, the camino is my passion, and I have a lot experience walking it. In fact, I am preparing a business to start in the next year, organizing unforgettable unique camino tours. If you need help booking the baggage transport and lodging, I can help you (for free of course ;) ), just send me a message.

MTtocamino, there are efficient companies for baggage transport, but maybe you will enjoy more guiding groups... 90 days is a good time for enjoying the Spanish experience!

Hi, I am a Spaniard living in Canada, the camino is my passion, and I have a lot experience walking it. In fact, I am preparing a business to start in the next year, organizing unforgettable unique camino tours. If you need help booking the baggage transport and lodging, I can help you (for free of course ;) ), just send me a message.

MTtocamino, there are efficient companies for baggage transport, but maybe you will enjoy more guiding groups... 90 days is a good time for enjoying the Spanish experience!
Where do I apply! :) I actually walked with a young Spanish woman who was leading a group. It was a pleasure to walk with her & get an idea of how it worked. For some folks it may be the only way for them to be able to walk parts of it. But I think the best guides will be Spanish as they are authentic experts who will put the wages back into Spain's economy. More importantly help the economy improve. I simply love your country & the people. Your country is very special. I could easily make this way too long!
Keith

Where do I apply! :) I actually walked with a young Spanish woman who was leading a group. It was a pleasure to walk with her & get an idea of how it worked. For some folks it may be the only way for them to be able to walk parts of it. But I think the best guides will be Spanish as they are authentic experts who will put the wages back into Spain's economy. More importantly help the economy improve. I simply love your country & the people. Your country is very special. I could easily make this way too long!
Keith

I keep your application, we will talk next year... Lol... Every Pilgrim who loves the Way, and the country could be an asset, and I am sure as you talk about Spain your contribution could be very interesting.

It's true that the Spanish guides might have some "advantage" compare to non Spanish ones, specially if they have a deep knowledge about the culture, traditions, or know about secret spots that are real jewels; but I have met foreigners that know Spain very well, even better than many Spaniards, and that they are an great example to anyone. I really admire them!

Thanks so much for your words about Spain, it's true that is a very special place, and what can I say of my land, Galicia, where the world ends...

I love your country and the people, too!! I have had the opportunity of traveling most of the country, and every trip I came back surprised, always in a positive way. One day, I will tell you how I spend one New Years eve in Bigfork (close to your place...) The hospitality of the people in that town is something that I will never forget.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Most others seem incredibly expensive for what they do but my Spanish is not good enough to do our own pre-booking.

Using a support company will always cost more than doing it yourself, as they are in business to make a profit. Also, half the fun is in the planning. I do not speak Spanish, but I often do my own pre-booking. It’s easy! First, decide on a rough itinerary, and the places you might like to stay. Then check out http://www.booking.com/ for affordable pensions or hotels in those towns. Don’t forget to see what http://www.tripadvisor.com/ has to say about them before booking. Most places, when booked on booking.com, do not require a deposit, and are easy to cancel if you change your mind about places or dates.

OR, you can book private albergues by emailing them: most albergues are listed on the Gronze site: http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/caminos/guia-del-camino-frances where you can find the albergues’ websites and email addresses. Compose, in English, a simple booking enquiry, and then translate that into Spanish by using https://translate.google.com/ and send off your email. You get to learn some useful Spanish words in the process. I include the English enquiry and the Spanish enquiry in the email, so that, if they speak English, they may reply in English. If the reply comes back in Spanish, then just translate it back the same way. So much more fun than paying someone else to do it all for you.

Once on the trail you can use the baggage transfer company each day. Have fun! Jill

Back