• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walk this Way - 'Live' Camino Podcast

davkel

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Serrana, Via de la Plata, Via Sanabres (April)
My partner and I will be walking the Camino Frances from Burgos to Leon (or maybe Astorga) beginning January 3 2017. What we are planning to do is to record a podcast at the end of each day from our albergue. We had the idea just before I discovered the excellent Camino Podcast by Dave Whitson, but felt that there was enough difference in our goals (and expertise, and production values...) that we should continue regardless. Our aims for the podcast (which we are calling 'Walk this Way') are evolving but include:
  • Providing friends and family with an update on our latest camino.
  • Get advice
  • Giving a sense to the larger camino family of the experience of a winter camino. Given the number of threads (here for example) asking about WHY do a winter camino, this may help folk.
  • As part of this, we hope to record conversations (I wouldn't presume to call them interviews) with other pilgrims and hospitaleros, and ask them for their thoughts about their camino - why are they doing it, why in winter, just the usual things that pilgrims talk about at the end of their walking day.
In the lead up to our departure (33 days to go until we leave) we have begun recording a series of introductory episodes where we go through our build up to departure. You can download them from /http://walk-this-way.madewithopinion.com/

It's also available from iTunes - search for Walk this Way under podcasts. I will try to work out how to post the link.

Have a listen - hope you enjoy

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi David & Kelly,

Great!!! Im looking forward to your podcasts very much as I intend to walk in early February. I appreciate your sharing very much and I wish you both well in your preparations for your upcoming Camino.
Ultreia
Aidan

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi David & Kelly,

Great!!! Im looking forward to your podcasts very much as I intend to walk in early February. I appreciate your sharing very much and I wish you both well in your preparations for your upcoming Camino.
Ultreia
Aidan
Hope we can be some help

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back