• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walk well and safely in the heat, brothers and sisters of the road!

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
To all our forum friends out there right now, a heartfelt wish for cooler weather!
Heat is not to be taken lightly:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...m-died-in-40-degrees-heat-near-almaden.43122/

This is a tragic and unnecessary death.

For general information, here are some links about heatstroke prevention and treatment:
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/166320-overview
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/heat_stroke/article_em.htm

Hydrate, stay covered, and don't forget to take in enough minerals to replenish what you loose. And if you find you or a companion has stopped sweating, it's not a good sign. Take action immediately to cool down.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
35° here in Villacazar de Sirga and set to be hotter tomorrow. We will walk early, short days to Sahagun then train to Santander for ferry to Portsmouth next Mon. Really so different from other years when one or two very hot days were manageable. Hard to remember the cool "chiri-miri" misty mornings back on Baztan when ponchos were on!

We're setting off from Burgos on 21st September and much as I love the Meseta, cooler weather would be most welcome!

It cools down on Thursday. It'll still be hotter than usual but closer to average temperatures for September. Of course, we don't know if it'll continue cooling down or if temperatures will remain similar to the ones once it cooled down or if they'll peak again later...

Good news, @Castillian, thank you...and may there be no further bad news about peregrino/as with heat stroke!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.