• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walked with John Sikora today from Astorga

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Just finished walking with John Sikora today Astorga to Rabanal. Stopped at Santa Catalina for café con leche from my (nespresso machine in kitchen.) Very hot dusty John very quick he stopped at Rabanal I walked on to foncabadon can feel a hot-spot on my big toe but onto Ponferrada tomorrow aaa the memories. 😭

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Had me going as well. Thought I might have a long lost cousin somewhere. BTW, I've been in the process of reediting all the videos in lieu of walking. You see a new set going up to replace all the Camino videos (CF, CP, and VDLP) that gets rid of the "slant" in some of the videos. Going to take a month or so to get everything up there. The new ones are going to be labeled with a _2 at the end. Sorry for the bunch of changes. Looking forward to May of next year (hopefully), Buen Camino to all and thanks for taking time to watch my amateur efforts :)

I was walking through the eucalyptus forest just before Santiago airport. The rain was pouring down and making splat splat sounds on my Altus poncho, and my glasses were steaming up. Great storm soundscape from my iPhone, the cross trainer provided the perspiration and the steamed up glasses.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Had me going as well. Thought I might have a long lost cousin somewhere. BTW, I've been in the process of reediting all the videos in lieu of walking. You see a new set going up to replace all the Camino videos (CF, CP, and VDLP) that gets rid of the "slant" in some of the videos. Going to take a month or so to get everything up there. The new ones are going to be labeled with a _2 at the end. Sorry for the bunch of changes. Looking forward to May of next year (hopefully), Buen Camino to all and thanks for taking time to watch my amateur efforts :)
John, Good to see others using your videos. Seems like a very long time since last year’s VDLP. Dave.

:D I am cycling with John at 5x the speed, in front of the telly ... great exercise, great memories and gives me a goal for each day- thank you @John Sikora!
Just finished walking with John Sikora today Astorga to Rabanal. Stopped at Santa Catalina for café con leche from my (nespresso machine in kitchen.) Very hot dusty John very quick he stopped at Rabanal I walked on to foncabadon can feel a hot-spot on my big toe but onto Ponferrada tomorrow aaa the memories. 😭
Nice memories.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Mmmh, ever since I've read your post, I wonder which John Sikora you've walked with.....

John Sikora, “Lawyer of the Year”
John Sikora, Attorney
John Sikora, MD
John Sikora, Regional Director
John Sikora, President
John Sikora, Management
John Sikora, Software Developer
John Sikora, Vice President
or another of the 80+ John Sikora's in LinkedIn alone. Can hardly wait to be enlightened 😃

Well now aren't you the smart one ? If you read the complete thread you can see a post from John Sikora maybe he is one of these you copied from goggle who knows ?

" Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" as good old Oscar once said.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.