• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Camino del Norte San Sebastian to Gernika in 2018- Need suggestions!

KJGraham

Time of past OR future Camino
Never walked the Camino but want to do a part of the Camino del Norte in 2018
My family of 8 + a baby...will be walking the Camino del Norte and because we have a child with us are considering only walking from San Sebastian to Gernika, then taking a train to Bilbao. This is more of a combination trip to see the sights in San Sebastian for a couple of days, get some good walking and touring in (that an 8month old can tolerate) and then spend a few days in Bilbao (used to live there and have friends)
So what I am wondering is if there are any organizations/groups that people recommend because it would be nice to have some things pre-organized so that we don't have to think about those 4 days of walking (where we eat or stay that is) just the before and after. We are all in good shape and can handle the walking but don't want to stay in hostels where it's more student-like (I used to in my youth!) but a bit more suitable for 4 couples (and child) Thanks for any words of wisdom!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I don't know about any guide companies but you could put an itinerary together in an hour or two using gronze and clicking through to the booking.com links or emailing to make reservations:
https://www.gronze.com/camino-norte

Consider casas rurales (cottages) as a category of accommodation that is likely to suit the needs of your group.

I don't know about any guide companies but you could put an itinerary together in an hour or two using gronze and clicking through to the booking.com links or emailing to make reservations:
https://www.gronze.com/camino-norte

Consider casas rurales (cottages) as a category of accommodation that is likely to suit the needs of your group.

Thank you for this "gronze" site. May be the best way to go! Have you walked the northern route? I like the idea of "casas rurales" as we are a big family and that could definitely suit us. Again, muchas gracias!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Most of the people are on this site to gather the information to do the Camino without a tour group assisting them, you might not find any substantial recommendations. I would suggest googling "tours of the camino de santiago" or "help planning my camino de santiago" once you find a list, a few calls should help you narrow down the list.

Good luck, and Buen Camino!

My family of 8 + a baby...will be walking the Camino del Norte and because we have a child with us are considering only walking from San Sebastian to Gernika, then taking a train to Bilbao. This is more of a combination trip to see the sights in San Sebastian for a couple of days, get some good walking and touring in (that an 8month old can tolerate) and then spend a few days in Bilbao (used to live there and have friends)
So what I am wondering is if there are any organizations/groups that people recommend because it would be nice to have some things pre-organized so that we don't have to think about those 4 days of walking (where we eat or stay that is) just the before and after. We are all in good shape and can handle the walking but don't want to stay in hostels where it's more student-like (I used to in my youth!) but a bit more suitable for 4 couples (and child) Thanks for any words of wisdom!!
I have used 2 organisations. They both book hotels (you specify the grade) and arrange luggage transportation. I used Followthe Camino and CaminoWays.
Enjoy

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back