• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Walking Camino in October / November

carleta875

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 21 camino start
I'll be walking the Camino in October / November. I'm planning on Starting Oct 21. Still determining where to start out from. I am a single female traveler looking for someone else to go with so I am not alone. Is anyone going during that time?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'll be walking the Camino in October / November. I'm planning on Starting Oct 21. Still determining where to start out from. I am a single female traveler looking for someone else to go with so I am not alone. Is anyone going during that time?

I am single female by myself as well. Will arrive in Madrid on 15 Oct n planning to the walk as well. However, I need to return my home town on 15 Nov so not sure if we can do the walk together

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
As this is the first time to do this, I would like to do a short one - kind of testing. After reading those blogs, I think of starting from from Leon. Given 305 km from Leon to SC, roughly 20km per day, one may cover the entire the journey within 15 days. Yes, it is merely my wild guess, leaving time to enjoy the walk as well. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am now worried whether I can keep up the pace and the weather. My initial plan is to kick off from 17 Oct, finish it by the beginning of Nov. Then I can revisit Porto/Lisbon/Seville/Madrid to home, not sure if this is doable but I am quite flexible. By the way, I have just ordered the passport ;-) from Ivar.

Given 305 km from Leon to SC, roughly 20km per day, one may cover the entire the journey within 15 days.
It is possible if you are in "normal" shape. Keep your pack light. Your planned route has plenty of stops, so you can lengthen or shorten stages as it suits you.

Buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am now in Molinaseco. Tried to start in Leon but couldn't find the sign. Ended up taking train to Astorga and start from there. No worry, it's safe to walk by yourself. People are friendly and helpful. Sure you can get lot of info. By the way, the weather is very good for walk

Hello! I'm also planning to walk the second half in late October/Early Nov, and am checking hostel availability etc. now. Hope to see you on the trail! Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Back