• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Barritz to Bayonne - are there arrows for direction ?

Cliff175

Time of past OR future Camino
April / May Camino Frances 2013
Portuguese Camino May of 2014
St. jean to pomplona, - Santander to Oviedo, SAN Salvador to Leon , to Santiago in 2015
2017 March -- VDLP Seville to Santiago
I plan to walk the Camino Baztan in September. Bayonne to Pomplona, then to Santiago on the Frances. Figured I may as well walk from Barritz to Bayonne too. Just wondering if the way is marked.

Thank You
Cliff

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have walked from Bayonne to just south of Biarritz, there is very little way marking for the official direction
If you are starting there because it is where your flight lands then the actual airport is midway between the two towns, it is a well built up area with several busy highways, it would be better to get the shuttle bus or taxi to Bayonne.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have walked from Bayonne to just south of Biarritz, there is very little way marking for the official direction
If you are starting there because it is where your flight lands then the actual airport is midway between the two towns, it is a well built up area with several busy highways, it would be better to get the shuttle bus or taxi to Bayonne.

Thank You very much for the advice. There must be transportation from the airport to Bayonne. Ill look into it.

Mucho Gracias
Cliff

I plan to walk the Camino Baztan in September. Bayonne to Pomplona, then to Santiago on the Frances. Figured I may as well walk from Barritz to Bayonne too. Just wondering if the way is marked.

Thank You
Cliff[/

You may want to check out the blog by Randall St. Germain. Titled Camino My Way at WWW.caminomyway.com. I'm about half way through his blog and I find it one of the best that I read so far. He is off to the races as he wants to do it in 20 days. I'm old and looking at 60-70 days. However, his take on the route and the history makes for a great read.

Buen Camino

Mac

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have not posted for along time and there have been some administrative changes so I'm not sure that my post was posted so with that, I'll try to post my reply again.

I found a camino blog on thought was very good with A good intro to Biarritz and Bayonne. I'm about half way through the blog and I find it a great read as it provides a lot of history and great pics. The blog title is "Camino My Way" by Randall St. Germain It can be found at www.caminomyway.com. His goal was the camino in 20 days. A little fast for me as I'm looking at 60-70 days. I have not finished the blog so I do not know if he achieved his goal. Anyway if this should show up as a double post my bad.

buen camino

Thank You
Cliff[/QUOTE

Cliff: I tried to reply yesterday and for some reason it did not take, however, I came across a web page (blog) "Camino My Way by Randall St. Germain. found at www.caminomyway.com. Found it a good read with great pics. His goal was 20 days, mine is 60-70. He covers a lot of history.

buen camino

After you land in Bayonne is there a place to get a pilgrim passport?? I land in three days :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes Bayonne Cathedral :) morning, inside, you will see a person at a table. There, he will deliver you maps (camino del norte, baztan, vasco ...) and answer any questions. Blessings on your way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back