• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Bordeaux

Ray Boneski

Ray B
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances from Bordeaux March-April 2017
After following the forum for many months and having had to postpone my Camino, I am finally on the Voie de Tours from Bordeaux. I started on Feb 25 and after a rough week of long distances between towns (at least for me,) with no nothing in between, a good amount of rain, and not a fellow pilgrim in sight I am finally in Dax. I estimate 5 days from SJPDP. The way has been well marked, and the gites and local church facilities are frequent enough. It has been a grind but a happy experience thus far. Ultreia!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
After following the forum for many months and having had to postpone my Camino, I am finally on the Voie de Tours from Bordeaux. I started on Feb 25 and after a rough week of long distances between towns (at least for me,) with no nothing in between, a good amount of rain, and not a fellow pilgrim in sight I am finally in Dax. I estimate 5 days from SJPDP. The way has been well marked, and the gites and local church facilities are frequent enough. It has been a grind but a happy experience thus far. Ultreia!
Well done. After days in Les Landes you will be entering the foothills of the Pyrennes after Dax with finally some elevation to lift your spirits. You should be in great shape to tackle that first day over the Pyrennes after St Jean. When I walked this route in September 2013 there were only 3 or 4 other pilgrims, temperatures of 25C plus and no rain. Buen Camino

I didn't notice you pass me up here in Charente-Maritime but I did see three pilgrims two days ago chasing you down.

Edit

Re-read you post, you started south of me. That explains how you got to dax so quick. :D

Hi Ray.

Just read your post.

We are walking the Frances in reverse at the moment, hoping to get to SJPDP on Sunday, we then hope to walk to Bordeaux starting on Monday.

Would you have a note of the route that you took from Bordeaux to SJPDP , or any other information or tips that you think would help us.

Many thanks in advance for your time

Len & Mary

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back