• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Cluny?

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
Has anyone walked from Cluny to Le Puy? Do they follow a GR-route then? :roll:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
bjorgts said:
Has anyone walked from Cluny to Le Puy? Do they follow a GR-route then? :roll:

This may encourage you. In 2006 I went by bicycle from Canterbury to Santiago, stopping to meet a group from England in Taize for a week, then I continued from Cluny to pick up the Chemin from Le Puy. Although I used the tarmac from Cluny to Le Puy on that occasion, I crossed the footpath many times and it is clearly marked all the way as a Chemin St Jacques as well as the usual red and white GR markers. By a church door - I think it was in Sainte Cecile, on the D19 about fifteen km south of Cluny, I saw a noticeboard for walkers on the Chemin St Jacques. It showed the route clearly and gave me the impression that it was well established, so you should have no difficulty. As I said, I used the tarmac but I saw continuous evidence of way-marking as the chemin crossed the road at different points. I hope this helps.

Bon chemin!

Gareth

How to buy guides?

Thank you very much all of you! :D It`s interesting discovering something new! Now I try to find out how I can buy the guides both from Chamina and from The Association RhĂ´ne-Alpes des Amis de St-jacques. That`s not easy! Does anybody know how? In April I will walk part of Via de la Plata, but in June I will fly to Lyon and walk somewhere for two weeks. The question is just where to walk. Cluny seemed to be a good startingpoint - just because it is Cluny....

the Chamina guide shouldn't be a problem - should be obtainable via all the usual book sources, internet etc. You could try emailing the Assoc to see how to get theirs. If you're in Lyon, you might be able to pick up a copy from someone there if you pre-arrange it with them.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Guides

CSJ, England will order the small guide from The Association RhĂ´ne-Alpes des Amis de St-jacques on this route. So in two or three weeks one can order that one from them. No answer from Chamina yet. I will tell if I get an answer. May be there are others who are interesting in how to get guides to this route.

Ready!

Cluny - Le Puy en Velay. I will soon be there! Will there be other walkers? Will we find our way? Will there be places to sleep? Can I manage with the language?!! After all I know enough now to "take my life for a walk" - once more. I have not managed to get the guide from The Association RhĂ´ne-Alpes des Amis de St-jacques. But the guide from Chamina is here "Les Chemins de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle. De Cluny au Puy-en-Velay. De Lyon au Puy-en-Velay". - in french. It seemes to be a good guide. I tell when I am back.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back