• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking from France to Bilbao, España...ideas?

Last summer I walked the Camino Frances from Pamplona to Santiago...Such a fantastic experience in every way. This summer I have 4 weeks to walk from somewhere, to Bilbao, Spain. (I will meet a friend there and fly home from there.) I want to start in France, then end up in Bilbao. I speak no French, and as of yet have no guides or maps. Could any of you suggest a route and starting point for me based on your walks through France? This is for the last half of June and the first half of July. Thank You!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
hola Gilmer

I suggest you do the C Aragones - Say you start from Oloron Ste Marie or Pau on the French side of the Pyrenees and x the border at the Somport pass - when you join the C Frances at Puenta de la Reina, after somewhere between 7 - 10 days on the Aragones, you could 'double back' to Pamplona and then strike out in a WNW direction to Bilbao (and perhaps pick up the C Del Norte?)

buen camino
Peter

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back