• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Walking from Granada

Alexandra

Time of past OR future Camino
2019 Porto to Santiago.
I have arrived in Granada, and have a few days to recover from jetlag before I set off on my camino to Santiago. I am enjoying the sights of Granada , and especially discovering significant places of St John of God who is the patron saint of Granada. I also have a spiritual connection to the work of Juan de Dios, hence my decision to start this camino in Granada. I hope to keep you posted of my progress when I am able to access internets.

Kevin, I had breakfast this morning in the little cafe you mentioned and thought of you and Sue who were here a year ago. I lit you a candle in the Basilica. The weather is quite warm. Preparing me for the walk.

Thank you to all who have helped me to arrive at this part of the journey.

Sandra

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Buen Camino, Sandra! May San Juan de Dios be with you, along with all the saints who protect and walk the Camino :)

Glad you have arrived safely in Granada. Have you worked out how you are getting out of the city?
I will be following you on the CSJ guide. Take care.
Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello everyone,

Walking out of Granada was not a problem ! The CSJ guidelines were very helpful and it was no problem to Pinos. The walk to Moclin was quite an experience, following Kevin´s advice to walk on 3408 to 5km marker. However, I missed this , or was it there, so decided to stay on 3408 to Olivares. Then saw road to Tiana and Moclin, so deliberated what to do. Stay on road to Olivares and get lost trying the 2km trail to Moclin, or walk to Moclin via Tiana ? Decided on the latter ! Thought I would die on the huge incline, but I did it ! At least it was better than getting lost. The day from Moclin was quite eventful, lost in the morning ( saved by a camino angel ), then wasted ages in the area of the ´¨ruined house¨, eventually giving up and following Kevin´s idea to stay on the road , eventually staggering in to Alcala Real. Tried to get 2 nights but it was a Festival and I could only have 1 night. Walked on to Alcaudette ,with my strong determination getting me there ! Then bliss, I reached the lovely Hostal Spa Rueda and booked 2 nights to gather my strength again. I am fortunate in that I have plenty of time for this Camino.

Today I am in Baena. Off again in the morning to Castro del Rio.I hope to reach Cordoba on the 27th. I have found the Spanish people so helpful, and so understanding of my less than basic Spanish. Already I have met a number of Camino angels, so I know God is with me. Otherwise , there is no way I could do this, in this awful heat. I now understand why few choose the Mozarabe !!

That aside , I have loved walking through the Spanish countryside, epecially the villages and towns.
I am so thankful to those who have walked before me, and whose advice I am following.

Sandra

Hi, Sandra,

Looking forward to following your steps from afar. Hostal Spa Rueda sounds very nice! Are you getting mud baths? If you're taking pictures, is there anyway we can see them?

Glad that the CSJ guide is getting you where you need to go on this untravelled Camino. Buen camino to you, lots of good thoughts on this awesome journey are winging their way through cyberspace, Laurie

Buen Camino Sandra :D thinking of you - keep us updated if you can xxxx

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi All,

I am now in Cordoba, and it is raining since yesterday. Kevin, so different to last year. I´m so glad I have my Altus poncho since 2009. This trail is very challenging, and character building !! I have not met another walker , but the owner at the Casa Jose in Santa Cruz said there are walkers going through. Of course, no where as many as April and May.

Cordova is an amazing city. Tourists everywhere. A bit overwhelming for someone who has been so alone for 8 days !! I will stay here for 2 nights and visit the Mesquita tomorrow.

My camera gave up in Granada. I have no idea why. Anyway, I bought another but because I only have minimal Spanish words I have no idea how the photography is progressing. So apart from that, and the fact I do not know how to upload photos on the computer, I will not be able to display any. Sorry Peregrina. Anyway, some days I have needed my energy just to walk , so have taken few photos . I still have a long way to go , so maybe I will take more photos as the days progress.

I saw in the CSJ GUIDE that the Cordoba Association have meetings on Thurs pm so I will try to find the Plaza and call in to say hello.

Until next time,

Sandra

Hi All,

I have arrived in Hinojosa del Duque, and met the first walkers since I left Granada. The 2 Dutch ladies will be on the trail tomorrow, although they leave later. It will be a comfort to know I am not alone. They are walking to Merida. The trail has been a little easier these past 2 days as the terrain is a little flatter. The rain has filled some of the streams but I have managed to get through. So far I have always managed to find accomodation, and the Spanish people have been so helpful.Todayś walk was through 2 small villages, but mainly on country trails through farming areas, with lots of animals to say hi to as I walked past.
Buen Camino to anyone out there on the trails.

Sandra

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.