• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Moissac to Toulouse

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The IGN maps on http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil show walking routes. If you put in Moissac as your search term and select Cartes (IGN) as your desired format, you will see there is a pink/purple line alongside the Canal Lateral de la Garonne. This is the colour they use for walking routes so it appears that, yes, you can walk from Moissac to Toulouse.

Walking alongside a canal sounds lovely and it is at first but it proves to be pretty boring after a while and I don't know that I would want to do it day after day.

Yes it is possible but you will head up back tracking.

Edit:

If you really want to switch from the Le Puy route to the Arles route, then there is a connecting trail between both. However you need to walk to Lectoure and the head south to Auch. If you really want to go to Toulouse then you must backtrack along the Arles route.

Here is a very basic map of the connecting path.

http://www.xacobeo.fr/ZE1.12.veL_Lec-Auch.htm

My wife and our friend walked this route back in the spring of 2011 on our way to Lourdes.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That's brilliant, thank you. I have no great desire to go to Toulouse, but I'm splitting the camino at Moissac, and Easyjet insists. Given Moissac's only about 40 miles away walking could be less hassle than the train. The canal path sounds perfect, as on the flat I can do it in a day.

We have driven that section in the camper many times Nel and it is beautiful, I know its flat and not to everyone's taste but you should enjoy it. There always seem to be plenty walkers and cyclists on that path too. Enjoy.
Buen Camino. Sorry not to be meeting up this year but have great memories from last time.

What the title says, really. Does anyone know if its possible?
Shalom, Peronel. I hiked from Moissac to Toulouse this past Spring. After Moissac I walked on to Espalais and stayed at a new pilgrims gite run by Vincent & Sylvie. The next two nights I stayed with friends of friedns, (sorry, cant provide addresses), then followed the canal to Castelnau. Here I slept at a convent above the village. The next day was very long, exhausting, I was helped by the pilgrims desk at the Toulouse Cathedral. Must dash....no more internet time today. Hope this helps.
LK

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wayfarer, that sounds brilliant, thank you. Should be a good end to the first stage of the walk. Sorry we're not meeting up, too, but thrilled you'll be back on the camino. (Remember, never try and outdrink Norwegians!)

Lovingkindness, that's really helpful, thank you. If you have any info on the Castelnau convent then that would be great, as I've not been able to track it down.

Credencial arrived in yesterday's post - all very exciting!

...Lovingkindness, that's really helpful, thank you. If you have any info on the Castelnau convent then that would be great, as I've not been able to track it down...
Hi, Peronel. I asked for help at the Mairie. They telephoned a social worker, I think, and she suggested the convent. I arrived in the pouring rain. I had tried to find pilgrim accommodation in Grisolles a few kilometres earlier but neither the gendarme or the mairie in Grisolles were able to help. They suggested Castelnau d'Estrefonds. I think there is a chambre d'hote in Grisolles but that was beyond my means.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello from Moissac,
Yes you can walk from Moissac to Toulouse by following the Canal du Midi. It's about 60km, flat, and takes two days walking normally, with stops at Montech and or St Jory! The Canal runs right through the centre of Toulouse. Or you could just take the train, it's direct and only takes 40 mins!

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back