• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Muxia to Santiago.

Gosia007

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 28th July 2016
Camino...... July 2017
Hello everyone,
First of all, apologies if this question has been asked here before which is likely. I'm just not sure how to navigate the forum to find exactly what I need.
Has anyone walked the Camino Finisterre in reverse?
Together with a friend, we would like to walk from Muxia to Finisterre and then Santiago.
We are going to have about a week to do that.
What are your thoughts? Is it possible? How long are the etapas? Are there many albergues? Are we going to be allowed to stay in them walking towards and not from Santiago?

I would appreciate any advice/thoughts/comments.

God bless and buen Camino if you are walking any time soon :)

Gosia

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It is a lovely walk and perfectly possible in a week. None of the etapas are overlong, particularly if you stop at Lires between Muxia and Fisterra and there is plenty of accommodation. Brierley's guide would be perfectly adequate, you just need to reverse the directions - left becomes right, right becomes left, up becomes down - straight-ahead is always straight-ahead.

You have already located the correct part of the forum to explore. For details of Albergues and other accommodations try here: http://www.gronze.com/santiago-finisterre.

Happy planning

Thank you very much. Will start looking at these :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not too long ago this would be done in four days. There are now more albergues along the route so there is more flexibility in how it is done. This page can be used to view the route between Santiago and Finisterre (broken down into a number of short stages.) It shows lodgings. http://trekopedia.com/?page_id=3182

Muxia to Finisterre is about 30 kms but you can stay in Liraes halfway in-between. There are a number of private albergues along the way and I don't think that they require a credential (but would be happy to stamp one if you have one.) They are available through Ivar's store links (Ivar is the owner of this forum.)

https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago

I managed to do the trip last year just using the handout available at Santiago's tourist office.

In Finisterre take the side-trip to the lighthouse.

I have done it using the road from Muxia to Cee. Going from Cee backward had a few difficult spots where I had to wait for correct-direction pilgrims to appear to help me find the route! Add a little time for patience, and you will be fine. Learn to recognize the reverse markings, which are usually a blue spiral arrow on the back side of rocks and mojones.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back