• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Pamplona to Logrono end of March

Cailín

Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Logrona Easter 2018
Logroño to Burgos Oct-Nov2018
Hi Everyone
This is my first post on the forum. I am an Irish woman doing my first camino walk with a friend at the end of March (Semana Santa) over 4 days from Pamplona to Logrono. My friend completed the camino from St Jean de Pied in July 2017 so she has some experience. However this is earlier in the year, so the weather will not be as good, and I know the terrain will be different too. I have some questions that I hope some people can help me with.
My friend is quite happy to stay in hostels on all 4 nights, but I am apprehensive about this, thinking I will need a good night's rest in a warm bed (my fitness level would not be as good as my friend). We both like the idea of sharing a communal meal with other pilgrims every evening. Does anyone know if there is accomodation along the route that would have single room for me and dormitories that my friend could avail of. It would mean we could stay in the same place and both have our needs met. Our overnight stops will be Pamplona, Puente de la Reina, Estella, Los Arcos and Logrona. We would love to stay in a nice, friendly place. It does not have to be luxurious, just clean and reasonably comfortable. Does anyone know of any accomodation in the towns I've mentioned that would fit the bill?
I am very grateful for all suggestions!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Check out gronze.com

The accommodations at each of your stops will be shown and whether or not the hostal/single room combo is available. It may also help you reserve your lodging. However from Ireland you can probably call directly to reserve.

Good luck.

Tom

Last edited:
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
In Spain, the word "hostal" refers to private accommodation in a small hotel or pension. The private "albergues" often have single/double/triple rooms as well as dorms with bunk beds. Many of them take reservations too, on the popular booking sites, which might be wise during Easter week.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
You may not find communal meals everywhere that you want to stop. There is a list somewhere in the resources section here that lists albergues with communal dinners, so you might want to search that out. I would highly recommend booking into a private pension in Logroño and doing a tapas crawl there. Calle Laurel has dozens of great tapas bars. It will be a great end to your Camino.

That is really a great section. There will be some long days, so I agree with you on some nicer accomodations with a great bed and good shower. One thing I remember on that section was some great dinners with pilgrims at restaurants. In Puente the dining room at the Jakue hotel was full of pilgrims and we just joined a group. Jakue was a great place to stay as well. In Los Arcos there are several restaurants in the square by the church, and some modest hotels nearby. Same experience with lots of people eating together. Dont miss the church in LosArcos. My point is that you can sleep well and comfortably and still enjoy the company of others at meals. Bookings.com is your friend.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back