Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino de Santiago of the Canary Islands
The officially recognized Camino de Santiago on the Canary Islands!

Walking from Porto, September 2022

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Don Kim

Past OR future Camino
Starting a solo walk from Porto September 2022. Completed the French way from St Jean 2015
Hi, a fellow peregrino from USA
I took a Portugese Camino (central route) from Porto in the Spring of 2019 and enjoyed a lot. Weather was great in entire time and added a walking to Finistere after Santiago.
If you have not seen much Lisbon and Porto, i would suggest to arrive Lisbon first and take a few days off to see the capital and take a train to Porto for another a few days' sightseeing before takeoff for the camino trail. It was a first time in Portugal for me and I really enjoyed memorable sightseeings both cities.
I am planning to go CF for this Spring which I took the year of 2017. BUEN CAMINO !!!

Easel

Past OR future Camino
2018, 2019, 2021
Walked from Porto to Santiago in September 2021 via the Coastal Route. While the coast was absolutely beautiful, I was frustrated by the walk. Having done the Frances in both 2018 & 2019, the "feel" of the walk was not very Camino-ish until after Redonela when we joined the Central Route. My biggest "gripe" was that Ola controlled nearly all of the vendors along the coast. So, if it was raining, obviously the tourists would not be at the beach. Therefore, the Ola's were closed.
While visually beautiful, it was not my favorite walk.

Ellann

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino 2022
Starting a solo walk from Porto September 2022. Completed the French way from St Jean 2015
I have just postponed my Portuguese Camino from May to September due to the obvious, and the airline constantly amending my flight. September was my original intention, but swapped to May out of frustration not being able to leave Australia, and now back to my original plan. I will be walking the coastal route until Baiona if the weather is good, then bus back down the coast to head inland to Valenca / Tui. If the weather is raining, then will just head inland from Caminha. I will be arriving in Porto on 14 September, and plan to take up to 5 weeks to complete the journey, maybe we will see each other along the way.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online

venerabledom

Past OR future Camino
Sept 2020 is booked for my first Camino Frances!
Me too brother, my Camino Frances was cancelled in Sept 2020 due to you-know-what, and I think this year is finally a year that I can make it! I will take the time off work but not book the flights until 2 weeks before - lucky to live in the UK so plenty of flexibility for me. The latest JB book arrived yesterday so I'm getting very excited. Not decided on an exact date yet, but intend to walk from Porto. Hope to see you along the way!!

Karl Oz

Past OR future Camino
Frances
Portuguese
Aragones
Sanabres
Piamonte
Elizabethpfad
Be aware the first 3 days due north out of Porto involves surfaces of concrete, cobblestones and bitumen. If I did it again I would take the coastal route for those first days, and then rejoin the central path. Everyone's different though.
My other observation is that the CP north from Porto is very pleasant, but noticeably more 'urban' than the CF.

Canada Wanders

Lost, but making great time...
Past OR future Camino
CF 2015
CP 2018
The only advice I can really offer, as our CP was 2919, was do not, under any circumstances, allow your self to leave beautiful Porto without trying many many of the custard tarts, Pasteis de Nata! Too good to miss!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 104 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads