• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Prague to Santiago

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Ok, I am not a really new member here, but I couldn't find a better board to post this to ;-) The start of my 'little walk' from Prague to Santiago (yes, all on foot) is less than two weeks away and saying that I am getting really excited is an understatement ;-) If you would like to follow along, here is the url of my blog: http://praguesantiago.eu/

!Buen Camino! para tod@s, SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
OF COURSE I will be following you, girl!! Buen Camino, SY! Be safe and God Bless!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks Tincatinker,
I will keep my eyes open for traces / tracks of that pre-Christian camino we spoke about some time ago ;-) SY

SY, look for Dolmen, Standing Stones, Circles, Hill Clefts, Ditch & Ring formations. My, postponed, walk along the Primitivo was going to be an opportunity to test my ideas against the landscape.

I am full of admiration (and jealousy).

I will do and don't be jealous please, negative emotion and all that ;-) SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Slowing down is exactly what I do need at the moment, OzAnnie! SY

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ok, tomorrow is the big day, will try to update this thread from time to time about where and how I am. Meanwhile
Everybody have a very !Buen Camino! SY
Not sure how I missed this earlier, SYates, but WOW! Sending lots of good wishes your way for a wonderful camino. I will be watching your blog, at least when I'm not on the trail myself! Buen camino, Larie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
SY, you wonderful girl! Have the best of times. I'll be following you too.

Sending you all the very best on your adventure. Was reading your blog and I'm so excited for you as if it was me going. Travel well and travel safe. X

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks OzAnnie! I will and have, tomorrow I am on the road again, Germany here I come ...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nice to hear from you, SYates, I was starting to think that Internet had not reached Prague...
About copy/paste: try to press long!
Buen Camino, Jacques-D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Next short update, now in the beautiful town of Regensburg, as I nearly drowned in the rain yesterday, I did only half a day today and do a bit of sightseeing. Sy

Ok, now two km before Donauwoerth where I plan to take a restday and write an update for my blog. As the saying goes - stay tuned!

Sorry, started to write a long update and then tablet went haywire, sigh! Now in Switzerland, monastery bethanien, near flueli ranft, thousand kilometers walked, three countries crossed. All fine, apart of the rain, see also latest update, from germany, on blog, see signature. Buen camino to everybody, sy

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am following your blog with enjoyment. You seem are doing amazingly well finding places to stay. Does not seem as though you have met any other pilgrims yet; that will be a change as you get closer.
I'm cheering you on!

Great! BUEN CAMINO! ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That is fantastic. You go girl! Buen Camino!

Say hello to the village of Granon for me!!! I loved it there.

What an achievement. It is pretty amazing to be thinking you have almost finished your walk when you reach Grañon. A reflection on how far you have come. Hope the weather stays good.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Congratulations. :):):) Look forward to reading more on the blog.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Congratulations! I had to stop my Camino in Sahagun to join my family in Moravia for a family funeral. I'm now in Prague on the way home. I will be back in Spain in 2015. Thanks for your inspiring example.

So sorry to hear that! It was lovely meeting you 'on the road' and I was asking myself several times 'where is she?'. Perhaps we see each other again in 2015? In all cases: Buen Camino! SY

Congratulations! I had to stop my Camino in Sahagun to join my family in Moravia for a family funeral. I'm now in Prague on the way home. I will be back in Spain in 2015. Thanks for your inspiring example.

@Everybody else
Thanks so much for all your thoughts, good wishes and kind words!
I finally managed to put together an "arrival blog post" wish can be found here: http://praguesantiago.eu/santiago/ including a photo of the Botafumeiro.
Buen Camino para tod@s, SY

Lol, just got the notification that this thread got, rightly so, moved to a different sub-forum. But it does bring happy memories back just reading it again. So glad I did it back then!
BC SY

PS Don't bother to look for my old blog posts by clicking the links, that website is long gone ;-)

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Today I arrived in one of my favourite cities in Italy, Palermo, ready to start a solo walk across Sicily on the Magna Via Francigena tomorrow! It’s a ~185km trail from Palermo to Agrigento that I...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.