• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking from Santiago de Compstela to Fatima

maurice

Time of past OR future Camino
Home- Santiago
Hi,

my name is maurice and I love to walk camino's. Does anyone know a travel guide with the route from Santiago to Fatima? You would make me really happy with this information.

Take care my dear fellow camino people

Attachments

• 20171021_102425[1].jpg
    20171021_102425[1].jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,300
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Maurice,

To begin compiling such a route you might use this Gronze.com guide and reverse it to start in Santiago walking south.

https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues

Thus you would be following the yellow arrows in reverse for most of the journey. December 2011 after finishing the Camino Frances I walked to the Portuguese border at Tui/Valenca de Minho. This involved going " backward " along the Camino Portuguese from Santiago.
To go backward is more complicated than you might think; since then the path was hardly well marked, searching for the famous yellow arrows pointing opposite my direction wasn't easy. Viewed backwards the arrows resembled anchors. Thus it all was a bit of a treasure hunt; be prepared!!

Once at Tomar you might plan to follow a separate route marked with blue arrows west to Fatima. See more here--
http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas.html

Happy plotting and Bom camino!

Last edited:
Hi Mourice
You can find detailed information about the Caminho to Fatima
In the website of the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima
http://caminho.com.pt/index_e.html
Please feel free,to contact me if you have any questions.
Kind regards.
Rodrigo Cerqueira

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Maurice....you will have a great caminho ....and there is also markings in blue....blue arrows.....going the opposite way....not the extent that everyone is satisfied...(but when is that ever going to happen).....

Most importantly....you will have fellow walkers....going your way...to Fatima....

I walked opposite way in september, doing portuguese from Faro on...was surprised over
the numbers and the strong holding this caminho has....Fatima must bee something special I think.....

Tell us stories from your journey will you?

Have a good one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maurice....you will have a great caminho ....and there is also markings in blue....blue arrows.....going the opposite way....not the extent that everyone is satisfied...(but when is that ever going to happen).....

Most importantly....you will have fellow walkers....going your way...to Fatima....

I walked opposite way in september, doing portuguese from Faro on...was surprised over
the numbers and the strong holding this caminho has....Fatima must bee something special I think.....

Have a good one!

Link from my meeting with the uttermost striking caminhofriend you can imagine....going to Fatima...

https://www.facebook.com/plutseligpilgrim/posts/1949392018671115

A very special encounter! Thanks for sharing.

@maurice, may your pilgrimage be all you hope for and more. All the best

Maurice,

To begin compiling such a route you might use this Gronze.com guide and reverse it to start in Santiago walking south.

https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues

Thus you would be following the yellow arrows in reverse for most of the journey. December 2011 after finishing the Camino Frances I walked to the Portuguese border at Tui/Valenca de Minho. This involved going " backward " along the Camino Portuguese from Santiago.
To go backward is more complicated than you might think; since then the path was hardly well marked, searching for the famous yellow arrows pointing opposite my direction wasn't easy. Viewed backwards the arrows resembled anchors. Thus it all was a bit of a treasure hunt; be prepared!!

Once at Tomar you might plan to follow a separate route marked with blue arrows west to Fatima. See more here--
http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas.html

Happy plotting and Bom camino!
Hi ms. Path,

Thank you for the link!
Yeah I know walking backwards its a bit hard, did it from Fisterra to Santiago but just keep thinking clear and you know it :)
I know you've that blue arrow leading to Fatima but where does it starts? I thought it started in Santiago. Well, I will find out.
Excuse me for responding so late, haven't been on the site for a while, maybe just for a short look but then I saw your reply, thank you. Wish you all the best too ofcourse and when walking, enjoy!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Mourice
You can find detailed information about the Caminho to Fatima
In the website of the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima
http://caminho.com.pt/index_e.html
Please feel free,to contact me if you have any questions.
Kind regards.
Rodrigo Cerqueira
Thank you Rodrigo for the information!
Excuse me for replying so late. But I will go check it out, thank you again!
For now wish you a most beautiful Sunday!

Have a good one!

Link from my meeting with the uttermost striking caminhofriend you can imagine....going to Fatima...

Ohh Plutseling,

Thank you too for your reply! And once again excuse me so much for responding so late.
I visited Fatima in 2015 when doing the camino Portugues but I came from the camping in Tomar by bus because I took a day off in Tomar because I wanted to visit Fatima. First I wanted to walk from Tomar but it is I believe 38km and that in, how do you say that in english, how a bird flies, not the extra kilometers counting because of going up and down and it was really hot so I desided to stay two nights on the camping, the one day of I visited Fatima. I really loved it, the only think I found a bit funny was how the lit a candle there, outside,well, litting? Complete fires with candles stapled and burning like a camp fire.
I liked it but entering places by foot is a whole diffent experience, which I like :)
Take care plutseling, and when doing a camino, bom caminho!

I am thinking of walking from Santiago to Fatima in september of this year, but some of the sites mentioned here are down. Is there any actual information about the route? I have just bought the John Brierly guide from 2019, so hopefully that info is updated (I have an old one).
Thank you if you have any information!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Do you have a current link please?

That said, the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima dissolved a few months ago. But the above website does have caminos & albergue information (just not recently updated).

bom caminho!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back