• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Walking from SJPP - March 2022

Gaith11

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2022 CF
[Moderator note: This post was moved from the March 2022 "starting" thread, where @Gaith11 told us that they were starting from SJPP on March 6, 2022.]

Wonderful - have you booked in advance? I'm walking in April and am wondering if I have to book places in advance as I'd rather not.
We booked the first week in advance. We are staying mainly in hotels. Stayed in private albergue last night. We have been told by the pilgrims office in St. Jean that we would not have any problems with albergues. We also booked in Santiago because we will be there on Easter.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are in Pamplona! It rained all day yesterday. Was sunny today. Not too many pilgrims on the path from Zubiri today. There was a wonderful gentleman from Pamplona on the path selling snacks and fruit. He said that he has been doing this for 8 years. What a blessing that was. Tomorrow is a rest day! Buen Camino!

We are in Los Arcos and can't find a stamp. The place we are staying doesn't have one. Went to the only store we could find open and bought groceries but she did not have a stamp. We are going to try the church tonight but I feel like it is our last shot. Any advice?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We are in Los Arcos and can't find a stamp. The place we are staying doesn't have one. Went to the only store we could find open and bought groceries but she did not have a stamp. We are going to try the church tonight but I feel like it is our last shot. Any advice?
Albergue Casa de la Abuela or the regular municipal are not open? You might try Apartamentos Jurramendi?

Albergue Casa de la Abuela or the regular municipal are not open? You might try Apartamentos Jurramendi?
We are staying at the Apartamentos Jurramend. Thanks, maybe we will try the albergue. I didn't know if you could get a stamp at the albergue if you aren't staying there.

Get a stamp at the restaurante/bar Mavi near the bus station at Carretera La Serna 2.

It is a simple place and filled at lunch with workers which is always a good sign. Servings are copious and a good value for money. They also rent rooms which can be handy in winter when many Los Arcos albergues are closed. Here is their web. https://pensionmavi.es/

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We are staying at the Apartamentos Jurramend. Thanks, maybe we will try the albergue. I didn't know if you could get a stamp at the albergue if you aren't staying there.
Have you asked Cristina at Jurramendi if she has a stamp? I'm pretty sure she does? I would think the municipal would be happy to give you a stamp.

Eva at Jurramendi said that someone stole her stamp.😥
The church was closed. Looks like mass was last night and pilgrims blessing today at 1. But while we were figuring out about the church we found a bar that was open and was able to get our stamp 🙂
Thanks for all of your responses! Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back