Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Walking from west to east on the Del Norte

Book your train ticket here

Past OR future Camino
Del Norte (2022))
Within a week I’ll arrive in Santiago. From there I’ll go to Finisterre, Muxia and back to Santiago. Then I walk back home in The Netherlands and I will take the Camino del Norte. I already have the route on my telephone, but the signs along the way all point out to the ‘wrong’ direction. Is there (on paper or digital) the route which describe the Camino del Norte from Santiago to Irun?

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

grayland

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Yes
Good luck on the long trek to the NL.
I have done short sections of various routes in reverse and have always had difficulty in maintaining the proper way.
I suspect that using GPS trek (from the Dutch Association) would work in reverse as far as determining that you were on the route.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Within a week I’ll arrive in Santiago. From there I’ll go to Finisterre, Muxia and back to Santiago. Then I walk back home in The Netherlands and I will take the Camino del Norte. I already have the route on my telephone, but the signs along the way all point out to the ‘wrong’ direction. Is there (on paper or digital) the route which describe the Camino del Norte from Santiago to Irun?

Wow!! Almost in Santiago! I remember that you posted that you would start in Rotterdam on the first of March.
What an achievement.
I do not know if you have written a blog or some other kind of report but once you are back home I would love to hear how it all went.

I wish you the very best! Buen Camino en veel geluk!

Past OR future Camino
camino Frances Aug 21 doing norte June 22
I start the Norte, west to East, on Saturday (4th), would love to buy you a coffee, when we cross paths, to hear your story....

Past OR future Camino
Del Norte (2022))
Wow!! Almost in Santiago! I remember that you posted that you would start in Rotterdam on the first of March.
What an achievement.
I do not know if you have written a blog or some other kind of report but once you are back home I would love to hear how it all went.

I wish you the very best! Buen Camino en veel geluk!
I start the Norte, west to East, on Saturday (4th), would love to buy you a coffee, when we cross paths, to hear your story....
Maybe I’ll cath up with you, but I’ll start the Del Norte only on the 12th of June. It’s a long way to Irun, so you’ll never know…

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Just hearing trying to walk in the "wrong" direction gives me a headache!!!
Congratulations to you!!!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings