• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in December, January and February.

analeise volpe

Time of past OR future Camino
norte camino,
I want to walk the Camino Mozarabe from Milaga to Santiago during the winter months. How's the weather along the route this time of year, are the albergues open and what's the average cost to stay overnight?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That’s a lot of info to ask for, but here goes, first read Maggie’s blog of our trip in ‘15,
Note where we stayed, where it was a hotel, or hostel, check on booking dot com to see if they are open in winter. For Albergues, maybe Mundicamino has opening/closing dates.
Google historical weather for Malaga, and surrounding areas.Depending on your proposed route look at the resources section, not to mention the relevant sections of this forum.
PM Maggie for any extra info she may have, she is a lovely person and I’m sure she will help if she can.
Regards
George

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That’s a lot of info to ask for, but here goes, first read Maggie’s blog of our trip in ‘15,
Note where we stayed, where it was a hotel, or hostel, check on booking dot com to see if they are open in winter. For Albergues, maybe Mundicamino has opening/closing dates.
Google historical weather for Malaga, and surrounding areas.Depending on your proposed route look at the resources section, not to mention the relevant sections of this forum.
PM Maggie for any extra info she may have, she is a lovely person and I’m sure she will help if she can.
Regards
George
Sorry but I'm struggling with how to reply on this forum, George. Where can I find Maggie's blog from 2015. Thank you!

I guess you didn’t see C clearlys post ? Just click on the word “here” and you will be taken to Maggie’s blog.
You should also google the various amigos sites ie, Amigos de Camino de Santiago Malaga, Cordoba, Jain etc.
Regards
George

It appears Maggie walked from Malaga to Santiago starting in January; perhaps this is possible in the winter. Am I accurate with the date?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Analeise,
No, if memory serves, we started out from Malaga on the 8th of April.
We only met a handful of perigrinos between Malaga and Mérida, be prepared for a solitary Camino!
Plus google the number of daylight hours you could expect during the winter months.
Perhaps the VdeLP might just be a better option because of the better infrastructure and the possibility of company?
Regards
George

Last edited:
Regards
George

Hello George
Is maggie on this forum? Her blogs are excellent.
Charlie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back