Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

walking in november on primitivo

greetings peregrinos, my situation is i walked the camino francis last year in october, beautiful, magic, even old men snoring...(not always..:)....now i have a late vacation and wish to walk to the end of the world, which i missed last year, as i quit in Santiago....so would the this walk have alberques open in november? is the weather tolerable? i luv september and october to travel and walk, but november is a new experience. thanks for any info, and buen camino!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Your post is 'walking in november on primitivo' - do you mean the Santiago to Finisterre route only or the Primitivo from Oviedo?
The albergues on the Finisterre route are all listed as open all year.

Rebekah Scott said:
Think twice about walking the Primitivo in November. It´s starting to snow up there already, and it´s only October!

thanks for the info, this was my worry, i just did not get any time off from work, i travel from california, and wanted to walk at least 150 miles before i start the camino santiago to finnestere walk, i was considering, the camino portugal, but im afraid the alberques will not be available, possibly starting in astorga might be the idea, i love walking in that region....i ended my walk last year on november 3 in santiago, the weather was so nice even then...sounds like the primitivo is out of the question. thanks again for you advice

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
Johnnie
Try the Camino Ingles. Or walk the Camino del Norte from Ribadeo.
If you really like a challenge, start at San Andres Teixido, a mystical Celtic place along the north coast. There is supposedly a marked Camino from there to Ferrol. From there you can continue on to Santiago on the Ingles!

Reb.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Rebekah Scott said:
Johnnie
Try the Camino Ingles. Or walk the Camino del Norte from Ribadeo.
If you really like a challenge, start at San Andres Teixido, a mystical Celtic place along the north coast. There is supposedly a marked Camino from there to Ferrol. From there you can continue on to Santiago on the Ingles!

Reb.

thanks Reb, would i be dealing with snow on the route? i will look into that route, as i will arrive in madrid on november 10th.....this will for sure be the latest in the year i thought i might be able to handle the weather....and open alberque's

thanks for all your kind advice, i have decided to walk from Barcelos, Portugal to Finisterre...the weather looks tolerable, beautiful walking area for sure....now i hear the waves of change....buen camino comrades.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads