Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking in november on primitivo

greetings peregrinos, my situation is i walked the camino francis last year in october, beautiful, magic, even old men snoring...(not always..:)....now i have a late vacation and wish to walk to the end of the world, which i missed last year, as i quit in Santiago....so would the this walk have alberques open in november? is the weather tolerable? i luv september and october to travel and walk, but november is a new experience. thanks for any info, and buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Your post is 'walking in november on primitivo' - do you mean the Santiago to Finisterre route only or the Primitivo from Oviedo?
The albergues on the Finisterre route are all listed as open all year.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Rebekah Scott said:
Think twice about walking the Primitivo in November. It´s starting to snow up there already, and it´s only October!

thanks for the info, this was my worry, i just did not get any time off from work, i travel from california, and wanted to walk at least 150 miles before i start the camino santiago to finnestere walk, i was considering, the camino portugal, but im afraid the alberques will not be available, possibly starting in astorga might be the idea, i love walking in that region....i ended my walk last year on november 3 in santiago, the weather was so nice even then...sounds like the primitivo is out of the question. thanks again for you advice

Johnnie
Try the Camino Ingles. Or walk the Camino del Norte from Ribadeo.
If you really like a challenge, start at San Andres Teixido, a mystical Celtic place along the north coast. There is supposedly a marked Camino from there to Ferrol. From there you can continue on to Santiago on the Ingles!

Reb.

Rebekah Scott said:
Johnnie
Try the Camino Ingles. Or walk the Camino del Norte from Ribadeo.
If you really like a challenge, start at San Andres Teixido, a mystical Celtic place along the north coast. There is supposedly a marked Camino from there to Ferrol. From there you can continue on to Santiago on the Ingles!

Reb.

thanks Reb, would i be dealing with snow on the route? i will look into that route, as i will arrive in madrid on november 10th.....this will for sure be the latest in the year i thought i might be able to handle the weather....and open alberque's

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
thanks for all your kind advice, i have decided to walk from Barcelos, Portugal to Finisterre...the weather looks tolerable, beautiful walking area for sure....now i hear the waves of change....buen camino comrades.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back