• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in Oct 2021

mike105

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal 2016
Via Francigena 2018
Madrid 2019
San Salvador 2019
Primitivo 2019
Hi...planning on starting out from Valencia in oct 2021...with a little luck. Any comments on the weather would e appreciated from those with experience with this route.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi...planning on starting out from Valencia in oct 2021...with a little luck. Any comments on the weather would e appreciated from those with experience with this route.
I haven’t walked it but my wife’s from Valencia so I know it well. The weather in Valencia in October will be fantastic. I don’t know at what point of your trek rain may start to be a factor as you get farther from the coast and into higher elevations but I cannot imagine it should deter you. Good luck and Buen Camino!

I haven’t walked it but my wife’s from Valencia so I know it well. The weather in Valencia in October will be fantastic. I don’t know at what point of your trek rain may start to be a factor as you get farther from the coast and into higher elevations but I cannot imagine it should deter you. Good luck and Buen Camino!
Thankyou, rain I can handle, it's mostly the heat I was concerned about.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thankyou, rain I can handle, it's mostly the heat I was concerned about.
October should be fine. I walked the Mozarabe (Granada-Merida) starting the end of September and it was warm but for sure doable. But maybe I'm not the best reference because I walked the Levante from Valencia to Toledo at the end of June and July!

Thanks for asking this question as I too will be wandering the hills & valleys of the Camino at that time. Keep in mind the days will be shorter too. After enduring heat waves and forest fires in the Pacific Northwest in the US I’m looking forward to October in northern Spain. Fingers crossed that virus will dissipate and all borders remain open. Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I started from Toledo September 22, 2018. Most days high 20's to low 30's. But little shade! Carry 3 to 4 litres of water .

Have you looked at weatherspark.com/countries ? If you click on Spain, then choose Valencia and October, you can find the typical weather for the month where you begin the Levante. You can also look at weather further along the route, by picking other cities and dates. Buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back