• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in Sept. 2018, Insulin pump-CGM user

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADKer

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello! So excited to be walking the Camino this September with my husband and old friends! I am a type 1 diabetic using an insulin pump and a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) sensor to help control my diabetes. My biggest concern is the light weight, but bulky supplies I will need to complete the walk from St. Jean to Finisterre. I will need to carry them in some kind of light weight container that can not be crushed in my pack. Looked at food containers, but wondering if others have had luck with something else.It would be easiest to send some supplies ahead, maybe to two locations along the way, but vital to make sure this is reliable. Any suggestions are welcome!!!! ADKer K

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you book lodging in advance, USUALLY, the property will accept a parcel and hold it for your arrival. BUT, you must ask for permission to do so in advance. Use e-mail, with the Microsoft or Google online translator to compose your message.

I have done this with my protein powder, and other nutritional supplements. As I have a bariatric lap band, I must use them to augment my diet. Two-weeks worth weighs nearly 1.5 kg. So, I try to carry 2 weeks worth, and create one or more replenishment stashes “down the road.”

If you do this, overlap dates so you do not run out if you are delayed arriving. IMHO, it is better to have to carry a couple day’s extra, than to run out.

While most everything is available in Spain, it may not be available when and where you absolutely need it.

Hope this helps.

What about storing supplies in a tupperware container?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks! I have checked out a couple of ziploc/glad type of containers and I think they will work. I do need to find out where to send packages ahead. I don't think we will be making reservations as it looks like September/October are not so busy. So where do you send packages if you need to have them picked up along the way? I do recall that others have done this, but don't remember the details. Thanks! Looking forward to hearing any suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.