• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in Sept

marianna niebauer

Time of past OR future Camino
None
my husband & I want to walk 75 miles for his 75th birthday in Sept. this is more than from Sarria but not as much as Ponferrada. Where would you suggest we start?
We plan on flying into Santiago, staying for 3 days then taking transport out & starting our Camino. We are 6 weeks out from leaving!!! When we walk into Santiago I would Love a room w/a bathtub! Soak those achy muscles.
Also we thought to go straight to pilgrim office when we arrive.
Thanks for any input. I've been reading the forum for about a year. Lots of smart people who can figure stuff out.
Buen Camino (we live in South America)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
75 miles is equivalent to 120kms and so the best starting point for this distance would be Samos which will give you a walk of about 127kms to Santiago. The Monastery at Samos is a wonderful place to visit.

Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you start in Samos ask the monks if you may participate in their private vespers after evening Mass.
Buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Should we plan on getting 2 sells a day to be on "safe" side.
Any suggestions for Santiago
You can get as many as you like, provided you get a minimum of two each day over the last 100 km. I think they make a wonderful reminder of the places you passed through. On my most recent CF, I collected 33 sellos from Sarria to SDC over the nine walking days that it took my wife and I to walk that leg.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Marianna,
If you like, you can add the date you are starting, where you are starting from, and where you are from (de cual pais en Sud America) on this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sept-oct-2017-pilgrims-check-in.49246/
This way you can find out who from here is walking around the same time as you and we can say hello along the way.
Salud,
Jill
Probably transport out to Samos or sarria (depending how we feel) about Sept 7 stay a day there then start walking. We live in Ecuador

You can also start a bit before your intended 75 miles, just to "warm up", and start in O'Cebreiro. Your total distance would add up to 100 miles and an extra 2 days' walk. An Alsa bus will take you from Santiago to Pietrafita de Cebreiro. A scenic walk, including a deviation to Samos. You could then stop in Arzua and celebrate your 75 miles' venture and start the remaining 25. With a daily albergue stamp from Cebreiro onwards, you will qualify for a Compostela once you have walked all this way to Santiago. :cool:
Buen Camino.:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back