Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

walking in september and october

leslie

I've walked the camino twice in June and July, and no thank you, never again! but I'm planning to walk again this year in September and October.

Obviously I need to be prepared for lots of rain in Galicia, but what kind of extremes of temperature can I expect? As hot as the meseta central in July? As cold as Manjarin in a rainy July morning (a few degrees above freezing--brrrr)?

In the summer, I walked with a polar fleece blanket in lieu of a sleeping bag. Will I need to take a real sleeping bag with me this time?

And finally, will there be fewer albergues open at this time of year?

[/list]

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

judy

Weather in October

Hi Leslie, I have done the first and last 100 miles of the Camino. Both times were in October. The Galician end saw me wringing wet - don't think St James intended me to arrive dry anywhere. When it is raining so much, it is difficult to dry everything out overnight. But having said that I wouldn't have changed it for anything. It was not cold... 15 - 20 degrees.
The first part from Roncesvalles - Estella was mixed... sun/rain/hail/wind etc but again, not cold. I have a fairly basic sleeping bag from Millets and I was as warm as toast. :)
Basically, I think you have to be prepared for anything but, I certainly was not cold.
Good Luck
Judy

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances