• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Walking into Fifty

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I love this blog! The writer is honest, both vulnerable and strong: A solo peregrina, walking for her 50th birthday.

"The Camino rises and falls from the hills of Navarra into Rioja, and my mood follows suit. The swing from elation or the simplest contentment – Camino bliss – to feelings of regret or frustration is a pendulum wide. What is it about me that thinks my Camino has to be perfect? I do this in the rest of my life, too, set up these grand expectations and then kick myself along the way for not doing it well enough, whatever it is. I forget that as a rule, things in my life are pretty damn good. Good enough, and then some"

"I’d stop and chat for a while, but walk on alone, and let my mind wander – I prefer to walk by myself – although once I spent a good part of the day’s kilometers beside a thoughtful Irishman, swapping stories. It wasn’t so much that we were talking, more like we were thinking out loud with each other, reflecting on reflections otherwise interior. It was one of my nicest days walking the Camino. Except they’re all nice. In the rain, in the sun, the cool morning or the brutal late afternoon heat. Every day is good, even when it’s not so good."

(I have permission to share her blog on the forum.)

http://maternal-dementia.com/2012/05/25 ... nto-fifty/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Falcon - you should start a new topic with that link. It hasn't got anything to do with the previous blog and will confuse people trying to find it! :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you want people to read the blog you found they won't be able to find it under the heading of 'Walking into Fifty'.
Rather start a new Topic with its own heading so that it can be found and commented on.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for posting the link Sil, I really am enjoying the blog - some just have a gift for pen!

...I don't think that Falcon is getting the message :D !

Cheers,
LT

Falcon, after sulking for a while I decided to read the links you have been posting.

The article http://www.desmoinesregister.com is really lovely - thanks for sharing.

The blog http://witness2christ.blogspot.com/ is delightful and would interest any mother/daughter peregrinas

The last link - an open blog written by a couple from Northern California - will be of interest to people who are planning to walk from Le Puy. I found it interesting that they slept in the old albergue in Roncesvalles because the new one was full - Camino must be very busy!

For anyone wanting to follow a couple live on the Frances all the way to Muxia, they are now in Pamplona.

Just remember where to find this URL - under Walking into Fifty :?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Jenny - you will be interested in this one as she is returning to the Camino in October to be a hospitalero at Grañon! Maybe you two will be serving together??

A part of her lovely post "Not in a Rush"

http://maternal-dementia.com/2012/06/11/not-in-a-rush/

When you slow down, a window opens and you see things you couldn’t see before. When you take your time, you sense things, because you’re not rushing through life facing forward, you’re ambling along, receptive to what’s around you. When you give yourself time, you think things through, following a string of thoughts from one thing to the next and then further. Unlike the one-thing-to-another we experience while surfing the web or multi-tasking through a busy day, staccato and mercurial, the thought process that accompanies a long walk in the country is calming and fluid, like waves of water rolling forward and back and forward again. It doesn’t take very long for the chatter to cease, the chirping in the back of your head quiets and the mind is filled with simpler thoughts. There is space for bigger thoughts, or the smaller thoughts have room around them to echo. You start to really see what’s around you, and notice things that you don’t notice when you’re in a rush.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.