A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Walking iPhone apps

Coloso

Camino(s) past & future
Plan to walk September 2017
What are the best iPhone applications that can be used in the Camino for walking navigation?

Advertisment

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
Hi and welcome to the forum @Coloso

I like and use the 'wise pilgrim apps' as a 'smartphone guide' and they are also available as a printed guidebook. But the one app I use the most is the famous yellow arrow app ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2018)

poogeyejr

Camino(s) past & future
Norte, May 2011
Norte, Sept 2013
Started the Frances, 2017
I used maps.me and in that downloaded all the Spain maps onto my device - then I didn't need wifi when looking at a map.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
Walked the Frances with Wise Pilgrim and loved it twice over because I used it in 2015 and again in 2107. Did also download a very good version of the Brierley guide using Trailsmart in 2017. I used it to get additional historical and tourist information about the route and also as a cross reference so that I could avoid stopping at the recommended Brierley stages if I thought that there was any possible problem with getting a bed.

Advertisment

linkster

Nunca dejes de creer!
Camino(s) past & future
Francés 05/17 brazo roto Portomarín
Francés 09/17 SJPdP - Santiago
(Portuguese: 09/18)
Hola @Coloso I bookmarked POST: 443818 by @t2andreo a while ago. maps.me program and google maps worked great. I know there have been other threads, so you might consider searching for iPhone apps.

jozero

Oh... That's what the shell is for...
Camino(s) past & future
CF January 2013
CF April 2016
CF January 2018
CP Coastal September 2018
I use Motion-X everywhere I go. Let's you download map segments as needed with the amount of detail you want/need. Since I walk with my wife, another feature I really appreciate is that you can see where the other is on your map if you get separated. This feature can even be shared easily with people back home if they want to follow you 'live'. Lastly, you can email them your track for the day which can be opened in Google Earth where they can do a flyover to visualize your daily effort. Pretty great app!!

Hi and welcome to the forum @Coloso

I like and use the 'wise pilgrim apps' as a 'smartphone guide' and they are also available as a printed guidebook. But the one app I use the most is the famous yellow arrow app ;-) Buen Camino, SY
Hi SYates,

I have searched for these apps ut no joy. Any links available? I am also on an iphone.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%