• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking Le Puy Mid April

What will the weather be like along the Central Massif during mid April through mid May?

• cold and steady rain ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • night time low temps

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Welcome David!
I'm afraid you will need to put in one more choice: no one knows yet untill about a week before....
Wish you a wonderfull camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Thomas, What do you mean : "one more choice"
I meant 'one more choice' in the survey you made. I wouldn't be able to make any choice like this.
Next to
  1. cold and steady rain ?
  2. night time low temps
also 'no one knows yet untill about a week before' would need to be the (only correct) answer :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
What country are you from? Do you have your pulse on what April weather will be like

I am from the UK. The weather forecast is not too good - rain/snow and minus temp at night - have packed a few extra pieces of clothing which I can "lose" at a later date. Have pondered sleeping bag and the forecast has convinced me to take one. One bonus about the weather is that it will hopefully be easier to find accom for the first week or two.

The first bit on the Aubrac can be very harsh, weather wise, in April. All wonderful, of course...but be prepared.

Bon chemin, lucky pilgs.

Rob

Check accuweather long range forecast for Le Puy and then places along the route. It may not be a 100% for the long term but it will give you trends of the temperatures and rain/snow that you can exoect so you can be prepared.
Totally agree the Aubrac can be challenging in blizzard conditions which we experienced in mid-April, 2012, so do seek and heed local advice. Be aware that accommodation doesn't usually open until later in the afternoon.
It's a wonderful route; enjoy! Strongly recommend two walking poles. They are a real support should the going get tough underfoot.
Bon Chemin!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am an American from Vermont planning to walk the Camino Le Puy starting April 7th

I started from Le Puy en Velay mid April last year to sunny weather. Its difficult to predict but it can get cold on the Aubrac. Bring layers.

I started from Le Puy en Velay mid April last year to sunny weather. Its difficult to predict but it can get cold on the Aubrac. Bring layers.
I based myself in St Alban (day 4) in the last week in May last year and it was minus 3 at night with daytime highs of 12 to 13 degrees.

We are thinking of walking the Le Puy route starting in early July. I have not seen many posts regarding July starts. Our plan is to walk to Pamplona, taking the bus to Sarria or Tui for the walk into Santiago. After the walk we want to train thru Europe, seeing the sights until November, and then home. Is July too hot to start walking? Should we reverse the plan and tour first and walk later? My thinking is we will be better trained to walk first. Of course, if we walk later we can walk off all the good food, beer, bread, etc. from the sightseeing portion of the journey.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you for your heads-up. We have changed our dates to leave the EU area before our 90 days is up. Looking forward to our walk from Le Puy in July. Hope the weather is not too hot. We have always walked in the Spring before. We are following the suggestions of where to stay and what to see from all the comments on the Forum. Any other advice would be appreciated.

The latter half of the Le Puy route, from Cahors onward, will be in August. Temps will be in the high 90's F. Flat and hot. But dry - surely not as humid as Atlanta! August is hot enough that many walkers avoid that section during that timeframe. The good news is that there will be less competition for beds. The bad news is that some gites may not be open, so be sure to keep up with your reservations a couple days in advance.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back