• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Malaga to Cordoba March - any advice?

Londonali

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP (Caceres to Santiago) April 2023 🤞
Hi all,
My husband & I have made the decision to walk 10/11 days from malaga starting March 21st.
I understand that credenciales are only available from the iglesia de santiago on Tuesday evenings so we will already be on our way. Happy to buy from the CSJ in the UK unless anyone can advise of any alternative source in Malaga.
Also, any ideas on reasonable accommodation in Malaga welcomed - we will arrive around 8pm so something fairly central would be great.
May I thank Magwood for her fantastic blog - we were deciding between Mozarabe and Portuguese routes and your descriptions made our decision harder if anything, they both sounded wonderful!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
So glad that you found my blog useful, even if the decision was difficult!
See this thread about obtaining your credenciales. I was in Malaga just before Christmas and the church of Santiago was still closed. Perhaps it might be best to order credenciales from this forum and get your first stamp in the cathedral.

@george.g stayed somewhere very central in Malaga before we set off, if he sees this, perhaps he can share details. Also @marilyn van graan stayed in a very central hostel last year, as did @Anniesantiago. I will have the name of Marilyn's hostel somewhere, and will look it out f she doesn't respond.

I will be very happy if I can help with any queries you may have.
Buen Camino, Maggie

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi,
I booked a room at "Residencia Universitaria San Jose" very central, cheap, clean and simple, I found it fine for one night.
Can be found on "booking,com"
Regards
George

Hi Maggie & George, thank you for your replies. I've ordered our credencials and booked a night at the Residencia (for very good price :)) so we're all good to go. 10 weeks walking the hills of Sheffield should see us prepared!
I'll pop back on here if we have any questions, and let you know how we get on on our return,
Many thanks again,
Ali

Just arrived back from 11 days walking the Camino Mozarabe - Malaga to Cerro Muriano. Very glad we chose to walk this route, and already planning to return in autumn or next spring to walk from Cerro Muriano (or Cordoba as we enjoyed the 16km from the city to Cerro Muriano so much) to Merida, and hoping to continue along the VdlP/Sanabres over the next few years. :)
I will write up some notes of our experiences over the next week - a 4am return home is not making my thoughts very clear!).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@Londonali felicidades as they say.

Tell me, where did you stay in Cerro Mariano? The Dutch hospitaleros Gert-Jan and María who so wonderfully opened their home to pilgrims are now in Barcelona I heard. Via via was told that a municipal albergue was being opened.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back