• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Maps of the Camino de Madrid

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, I used to print maps from Peter Robbins’ wonderful website, and take them on a camino with me. I’d have one for the day in my pocket, and in the evening I would write up my journal on the back. I miss that website so much!

On my last camino I had maps on my smartphone, but it’s not the same. Trying to read the maps in full sunlight, at an unmarked fork in the path, was frustrating to say the least.

But, worst of all, with no bits of paper in my pocket, I neglected to write up my journal. And now I have no record at all of that camino, only the few photos I took, which, like the maps, are digital.

I am not a “blog” person – really, who cares? Besides, I tend to go offline while on camino.

So, for my future caminos I will go back to printed maps. Sitting in a bar in the evening, sipping my vino tinto, nibbling some tapas, recalling the day, writing up little amusing (or not so amusing) incidents, checking the map on the back for points of interest I may have forgotten about, maybe drawing a little picture, etc, is all very relaxing, and a pleasant way to spend an evening. And when I get back home, and add the sheets of paper to my file, I have a lovely record of my journey.

Which brings me back to Peter Robbins’ website. What am I to do now? Where can I download walking maps of the Camino de Madrid, and the Salvador?
Jill

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just been doing a little searching and Peter's maps are still available though not recently updated. If you are happy to accept that they may not be 100% accurate these days they may still be of some use to you.
http://pilgrimdb.github.io/alphalist.html

Thanks! I tried there earlier, but the maps are no longer accessible:

Unable to load component module(s)

I'll look at the Amigos website. Jill

Thanks! I tried there earlier, but the maps are no longer accessible:

Unable to load component module(s)

I'll look at the Amigos website. Jill

That's odd - they worked for me a few moments ago. I clicked on the OSM links and the appropriate map sections appeared in my browser straight away. I am using Google Chrome as my web browser on a PC running Windows 10.

Edit: Bing and IGN links are also working for me.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's odd - they worked for me a few moments ago. I clicked on the OSM links and the appropriate map sections appeared in my browser straight away. I am using Google Chrome as my web browser on a PC running Windows 10.

Edit: Bing and IGN links are also working for me.
Same here (https://pilgrimdb.github.io/madrid.html) works for me both on Firefox and Chrome and on my Android smart phone.
You can also download maps from my GPS tracks (use satellite view option) from this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/finally-my-camino-de-madrid-june-2014.25354/
starting with post no.46.

Hope that helps!

PS (If I may add you won't need maps for navigation because it's so well marked. Buen Camino!)

why do you need a map??? This is a well signed route, enjoy the scenery and if you get a bit lost well.... that's part of the camino :)

Last edited:
I could send you a link to my wikiloc trail if it would be helpful. You could see an overview of the terrain. But as @sulu said, the trails are very well marked and the possibilities for getting lost are very few and far between.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
why do you need a map??? This is a well signed route, enjoy the scenery and if you get a bit lost well.... that's part of the camino :)

I could send you a link to my wikiloc trail if it would be helpful. You could see an overview of the terrain. But as @sulu said, the trails are very well marked and the possibilities for getting lost are very few and far between.

Hi, thank you so much for your replies, but please read the original post again ;).

I like to have printed maps as a record of my journey.

I like to write up my journal on the back of them.

I have the maps on my smartphone (kmz files overlaid on MapsMe).

I know (having done the research) that the trail is well-marked.

It’s not about finding the way. It’s about recording it :cool:.
Jill

Hi, thank you so much for your replies, but please read the original post again ;).

I like to have printed maps as a record of my journey.

I like to write up my journal on the back of them.

I have the maps on my smartphone (kmz files overlaid on MapsMe).

I know (having done the research) that the trail is well-marked.

It’s not about finding the way. It’s about recording it :cool:.
Jill
Sorry and you are right.:oops:
There are maps on this site. http://www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/caminos/etapa.asp?EtapaId=93&CaminoId=11

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Jill,

In 2014 I printed maps from the .pdf file (in attachment) and it was sufficient for me although they are not real topo maps at all but more like Brierley. Hope it helps.

EDIT: From Medina de Rioseco (Mapa 9) you can see two routes. One to the left is through Berrueces to Moral de la Reina and the right hand one is directly to Moral de la Reina (follows narrow gauge dismantled railway). BUT new and marked Camino follows Canal de Campos (to the right of the yellow highlighted right hand track) through Tamariz de Campos.

Attachments

• Madrid - Mapas.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
In 2014 I printed maps from the .pdf file (in attachment) and it was sufficient for me although they are not real topo maps at all but more like Brierley. Hope it helps.

Fabulous! Many thanks!
Jill

I'm a technophobe, I just did a right click and then print.!!! Though you do get a whole page of writing as well.
I've just looked at the map for Grahal to Sahagun because that was the only place that I ran out of arrows and ended up walking up the road, it looks like I should have turned left at the bridge. That page is worth looking at because arrows seemed to disappear once I got into Leon.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've just looked at the map for Grahal to Sahagun because that was the only place that I ran out of arrows and ended up walking up the road, it looks like I should have turned left at the bridge. ...
Same here. But it's really just a short stretch and almost no traffic on that road to Sahagun.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back