• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Now

JFG.

Time of past OR future Camino
I have started from Sait Jean since Thursday. In Zubiri at the moment. What a wonderful experience. I have encountered the most wonderful people from all corners of the world including my home country Ireland. I can think of nothing negative to say. I'm am opting for private accomodation for covid reasons. Just had a meal with American and Irish friends where we laughed and listened to each others stories. The only sad thing is that my Camino ends on Tuesday. But going to enjoy every minute between here and then and already planning in my head for my next. Of my near 50 years on this earth Il cherish these memories for my lifetime. Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Enjoy and just keep returning to pick up where you keft off, time and finance permitting.

We did this, started in Blaye France 2012 completed at Finistere 2016

Since then i have walked some more of the voie de Tours, The Camino del Baztan and the Portuguese.

Can't wait to walk the next one.

Buen Camino

I have started from Sait Jean since Thursday. In Zubiri at the moment. What a wonderful experience. I have encountered the most wonderful people from all corners of the world including my home country Ireland. I can think of nothing negative to say. I'm am opting for private accomodation for covid reasons. Just had a meal with American and Irish friends where we laughed and listened to each others stories. The only sad thing is that my Camino ends on Tuesday. But going to enjoy every minute between here and then and already planning in my head for my next. Of my near 50 years on this earth Il cherish these memories for my lifetime. Buen Camino.
Like so many others, I'll cherish my time on the Camino the rest of my life. I sense of freedom was never more profound.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
❤️❤️❤️❤️…..you never forget your Camino experience.

We started yesterday from SJPdP. Spent the first night in the new Auberge Borda, just above Orisson. Beautiful place. Excellent supper! Today we finished in Roncesvalles. Staying at Casa Sabina. We had two beautiful days of walking. We have not heard anything from the French regarding our QR code. Every place and transportation system was OK just to see our Canadian immunization records.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks for making the time to write this JFG, it’s much appreciated.

After years of planning, I finally begin my first Camino on 30th September from SJDP. Now that it’s actually happening and getting closer, I’m beginning to worry and get fearful of walking alone, getting lost, not allowing myself to be led by the spirit of the Camino. So your post is very welcome and supportive, thank you.
Buen camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

After years of planning, I finally begin my first Camino on 30th September from SJDP. Now that it’s actually happening and getting closer, I’m beginning to worry and get fearful of walking alone, getting lost, not allowing myself to be led by the spirit of the Camino. So your post is very welcome and supportive, thank you.
Buen camino!
Hi Luap
Thanks for your comments. I had all those fears. Thankfully none of them came to fruition and they also didn't for the many people I spoke to. The toughest part physically in my 3 days so far are the first 2 hours out of St. Jean. But the important part is the vast majority get through it. And though your breath will be taken away from the physical effort it is equally taken away with the panoramic views. So from my experience look forward to it because I guarantee you will enjoy the experience and all your fears will fall away the minute you arrive leave St. Jean.

Hi Luap
Thanks for your comments. I had all those fears. Thankfully none of them came to fruition and they also didn't for the many people I spoke to. The toughest part physically in my 3 days so far are the first 2 hours out of St. Jean. But the important part is the vast majority get through it. And though your breath will be taken away from the physical effort it is equally taken away with the panoramic views. So from my experience look forward to it because I guarantee you will enjoy the experience and all your fears will fall away the minute you arrive leave St. Jean.
Oh and just to add Luap. I have started alone also. And in my humble opinion there are huge advantages to starting alone as you are more inclined to strike up conversation with everybody and anybody.. and plus an hour here and there with your own thoughts may not be a bad thing either🙂

Hi Luap
Thanks JFG, I appreciate that. Enjoy the next couple of days and make great memories. Buen camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Buen camino!
I would suggest the secret (in my humble opinion) regarding walking the Camino is walk at your own pace and give your body time to adjust to "continious-prolonged walking" It's different, the body needs time to adapt. Listen to your feet and treat them with love and respect. If they're hot and tired give them a rest. At first go slow but steady, you won't be sorry. All of a sudden after a week or so you will have your pace and loving every minute of your Camino. Bless you and enjoy.

We started yesterday from SJPdP. Spent the first night in the new Auberge Borda, just above Orisson. Beautiful place. Excellent supper! Today we finished in Roncesvalles. Staying at Casa Sabina. We had two beautiful days of walking. We have not heard anything from the French regarding our QR code. Every place and transportation system was OK just to see our Canadian immunization records.
Did you make a reservation for Auberge Borda, or just show up? If you made a reservation, was it through a website or booking.com or gronze or another app?

Did you make a reservation for Auberge Borda, or just show up? If you made a reservation, was it through a website or booking.com or gronze or another app?
We will wait for the answer from @bergmannfamily but I would not be expecting to walk up to either Borda or Orisson. Because of their remoteness there is really no alternative, other than getting a taxi back to SJPDP or on to Roncesvalles. In normal times, considering the popularity of the Route Napoleon, it would be chancy to rely on a bed without booking.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would suggest the secret (in my humble opinion) regarding walking the Camino is walk at your own pace and give your body time to adjust to "continious-prolonged walking" It's different, the body needs time to adapt. Listen to your feet and treat them with love and respect. If they're hot and tired give them a rest. At first go slow but steady, you won't be sorry. All of a sudden after a week or so you will have your pace and loving every minute of your Camino. Bless you and enjoy.
Wise words indeed Fred, and I really appreciate you saying so. I will resist any temptation to rush, in my eager excitement when starting. I shall take my time, rest well and enjoy every minute. Thank you. Wish me luck.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back