• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking : One Step At a Time

ortemio

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances,14,
Frances,15
Madrid,15
Salvador,15
VdlP,Sanabres
Porto,16
Levante,17
Mozarabe,18
Norte,19

Has anybody read this book? Sounds like something we do at every step of the camino.

Perhaps he has something useful to say to us the forever caminantes ...

==============================​

Walking : One Step At a Time​

Erling Kagge, Becky L. Crook
Placing one foot in front of the other, embarking on the journey of discovery, and experiencing the joy of exploration—these activities are intrinsic to our nature. Our ancestors traveled long distances on foot, gaining new experiences and learning from them. But as universal as walking is, each of us will experience it differently. For Erling Kagge, it is the gateway to the questions that fascinate him—Why do we walk? Where do we walk from? What is our destination?—and in this book he invites us to investigate them along with him.

Language reflects the idea that life is one single walk; the word "journey" comes from the distance we travel in the course of a day. Walking for Kagge is a natural accompaniment to creativity: the occasion for the unspoken dialogue of thinking. Walking is also the antidote to the speed at which we conduct our lives, to our insistence on rushing, on doing everything in a precipitous manner—walking is among the most radical things we can do.

:=)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Has anybody read this book? Sounds like something we do at every step of the camino.

Perhaps he has something useful to say to us the forever caminantes ...

==============================​

Walking : One Step At a Time​

Erling Kagge, Becky L. Crook
Placing one foot in front of the other, embarking on the journey of discovery, and experiencing the joy of exploration—these activities are intrinsic to our nature. Our ancestors traveled long distances on foot, gaining new experiences and learning from them. But as universal as walking is, each of us will experience it differently. For Erling Kagge, it is the gateway to the questions that fascinate him—Why do we walk? Where do we walk from? What is our destination?—and in this book he invites us to investigate them along with him.

Language reflects the idea that life is one single walk; the word "journey" comes from the distance we travel in the course of a day. Walking for Kagge is a natural accompaniment to creativity: the occasion for the unspoken dialogue of thinking. Walking is also the antidote to the speed at which we conduct our lives, to our insistence on rushing, on doing everything in a precipitous manner—walking is among the most radical things we can do.

:=)
Yes. Recommended. "There is a thrill to not knowing what you may encounter as you walk. Your thoughts become more restricted. No one who wants to get hold of you knows where to find you. You are not vicariously living through other people. For one fleeting moment you can forget the rest of the world. Past and future have no role as you walk."

This looks good. When I looked it up, I came upon some other interesting books about walking, including this ones, "On Trails" by Robert Moor. I'm sure the Camino will be in it, based on the description

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The biggest unexpected "blessing" of my first Camino (CF in 2013) was the lack of connection to most of my world (from which I had just retired). No one knew how to contact me when my cell phone was turned off and my wife knew that I would check in every couple of days. Turned out to be a grand way to disconnect from the "24/7 on-call life" I had lived for 25 years. And it took me a couple of weeks to get comfortable with the freedom of not being on the "cellular tether". Just walking along and not having to think about anything other than one more step.

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.