• We are struggeling with some issues with images and attachments not loading on the forum. This is some left-over problems from the other day. We have back-ups of everything, so nothing is lost, we just need to link things up again so that it works. In short, we are working on it. Sorry! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Prague to Finisterre: winter 2014

Camino Nev

Time of past OR future Camino
St.Jean to Finisterre (summer 2013)
Prague to Finisterre (winter 2014)
Hi!

I'm new to these boards so naturally I wanted to introduce myself and give my non-profit Camino website a bit of a plug if anyone is interested: www.mycaminosantiago.com
Thank you so much if you do visit.

I walked the St.Jean to Finisterre Camino this summer past and it was a perfect experience. This coming winter I'm planning my walk from Prague to Finisterre.

If anyone would like to join up for part of the way then pls feel free to send me a message through my website and I'd love to meet fellow pilgrims in what I've heard is a very quiet time of the year.

Buen Camino!

Nev :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Nev,
That will be a super journey, what routes are you taking?
N

We have done that trip on mt bikes, via Switzerland, and the LePuy route. What route are you planning?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lovely meeting you here! I will walk from Prague to Santiago starting May / June 2014 - don't want to arrive in 'high pilgrims season' on the CF! Buen Camino! SY

Lovely meeting you here! I will walk from Prague to Santiago starting May / June 2014 - don't want to arrive in 'high pilgrims season' on the CF! Buen Camino! SY
Thank you SYates!
I completely understand about you not wanting to arrive in the high season.
In the summer I walked from St Jean to Finisterre - which was awesome - but the last 100km were very busy and perhaps less than spiritual. I for one had everything which I had with me stolen. This meant ipad, passport, money, clothes - everything. I walked into Santiago in shorts, garden shows and my wet t-shirt wrapped around my walking stick like a black flag. Still, the Camino teaches you I think how to react to these situations and to look for the positive in a negative.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We have done that trip on mt bikes, via Switzerland, and the LePuy route. What route are you planning?
Hi newfydog!
I read that the LePuy route is beautiful.
I will probably need to miss Switzerland because my passport isn't going to be ready in time for when I want to leave so it means sticking to the Schengen states of Germany and France to reach Spain.
I'm really looking forward to walking it!

Thank you SYates!
I completely understand about you not wanting to arrive in the high season.
In the summer I walked from St Jean to Finisterre - which was awesome - but the last 100km were very busy and perhaps less than spiritual. I for one had everything which I had with me stolen. This meant ipad, passport, money, clothes - everything. I walked into Santiago in shorts, garden shows and my wet t-shirt wrapped around my walking stick like a black flag. Still, the Camino teaches you I think how to react to these situations and to look for the positive in a negative.
Wow, what a dreadful experience, congratulations on continuing, best wishes for your next adventure.

Thank you Steven. Yes, it was a shock. It happened about 70km from Santiago. I was sleeping at a bus stop because the albergues were so busy. I had my ruck sack as a pillow and around 2 in the morning: bam! It all happened so quickly. A short guy grabs by bag and runs to a waiting car and drives off. I must admit that the walk from Santiago to Finisterre was very tough without anything. But on the other hand, I soon discovered how little I actually need to survive and living off bread handouts from restaurants wasn't so bad :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you Steven. Yes, it was a shock. It happened about 70km from Santiago. I was sleeping at a bus stop because the albergues were so busy. I had my ruck sack as a pillow and around 2 in the morning: bam! It all happened so quickly. A short guy grabs by bag and runs to a waiting car and drives off. I must admit that the walk from Santiago to Finisterre was very tough without anything. But on the other hand, I soon discovered how little I actually need to survive and living off bread handouts from restaurants wasn't so bad :)
Camino Nev, I've just started looking at your blog..... I am in AWE !
For other members, after the robbery, you not only made it to Santiago de Compostela, but then went on to walk from there to Finistere in 24 hours ! Unbelievable resilience and determination.
You're an inspiration .

Thank you Steven (blush blush).
Yes, it was roughly 24 hours. A little bit more I think. I left Santiago at around 1pm, walked until around midnight where I slept in a school (lucky because I was freezing: had nothing to cover me of course) and then reached Finisterre around 3, 4 or 5pm the next day.
I just kept walking with my stick and the hunger and cold drives you on.
It was lucky I found the school open, taking in the overspill, and the woman there lent me blanket for the night. Otherwise I would have probably got lost on the tracks and had an interesting night walking aimlessly in the cold :)
When I first saw the sea I thought I had only a few km to reach Finisterre, but of course as you know it is quite a walk from the first time you reach the coast until Finisterre. That was a crushing feeling, but soon relieved by a lovely swim in the sea :)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back