• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Schedule re: Easter, 2022

SarahPriestman

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
I am thinking of walking from Porto to Santiago Ap 11-27, which is around Easter. Thoughts about that timing re reservations, crowds? Thank you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am thinking of walking from Porto to Santiago Ap 11-27, which is around Easter. Thoughts about that timing re reservations, crowds? Thank you.
It will be very busy! See this earlier post.

Please do make your reservations for travel in both France and Spain as early as possibile. Easter weekend is unofficially considered the start of "the" tourist season and, hence, very busy.

It's a holiday weekend and Europeans love their holidays, Monday is part of the 4 day weekend.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Please do make your reservations for travel in both France and Spain as early as possibile. Easter weekend is unofficially considered the start of "the" tourist season and, hence, very busy.
Thank you. I will be walking from Porto, thinking April 11-27 (I take my time). Do you still think it will be an issue?

Thank you. I will be walking from Porto, thinking April 11-27 (I take my time). Do you still think it will be an issue?
Easter weekend will definitely be busy.
Which route are you planning to follow?
Many years ago I walked alone from Santiago to Tui/Valenca backwards down the camino. Finding yellow arrows going the opposite way was not easy but, of course, it was great fun.

Easter weekend will definitely be busy.
Which route are you planning to follow?
Many years ago I walked alone from Santiago to Tui/Valenca backwards down the camino. Finding yellow arrows going the opposite way was not easy but, of course, it was great fun.
I'm planning to take the coastal route, but may change my mind. Thank you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do stop in Viana do Castelo
2014 in I ate at 2 wonderful places: Casa Primera where fisherman ate delicious huge portions generally of fish and cheap; more upmarket but with a simple daily menu was O Laranjeira . The dining room was handsome with white linen, the Portuguese food creative and delicious. ...These remain delicious memories.
Wherever you do go Bom caminho.

Last edited:

I worry about this on the CF but I have no idea where I will be 😵‍💫 along the route. I'm not sure how to handle this...

I worry about this on the CF but I have no idea where I will be 😵‍💫 along the route. I'm not sure how to handle this...
Once you are walking you will have a better idea of where you might be at Easter. Do try to book somewhere for that weekend for it will be busy. After that you might call a day or two ahead.
Good luck and Buen camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I plan on arriving is Santiago the weekend before Easter, and flying out 12 April, Tuesday. Will I have trouble with accommodations or the COVID test Palm Sunday weekend?

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back