• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking sticks confiscated at Bilbao airport

Taisce

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer (2015)
In Bilbao on 19th May, our walking sticks were confiscated at the airport. We were told that we could check them in if we wished to. We were surprised that we weren't allowed to carry them on with us as we had flown with them as carry on from Dublin airport on 12th May. And the previous year, in July 2015, we had taken them as carry-on from Dublin to Biarritz aiport, and then from Bilbao (yes Bilbao airport!) to Dublin. No problem last year. Just giving everyone a heads-up. Might be worth checking in 1 bag with everyone's walking sticks if a few friends are travelling together.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In Bilbao on 19th May, our walking sticks were confiscated at the airport. We were told that we could check them in if we wished to. We were surprised that we weren't allowed to carry them on with us as we had flown with them as carry on from Dublin airport on 12th May. And the previous year, in July 2015, we had taken them as carry-on from Dublin to Biarritz aiport, and then from Bilbao (yes Bilbao airport!) to Dublin. No problem last year. Just giving everyone a heads-up. Might be worth checking in 1 bag with everyone's walking sticks if a few friends are travelling together.
That's why I always check my pack in.
Wish you well, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sorry that this happened to you, but many of us who follow this subject know this has been a prospect if the current rules were applied rigorously.

It will be interesting to hear if this is being enforced at other European airports.

The day before I flew out of Bilbao airport earlier this month, I donated my sticks to a fellow pilgrim who was struggling.
I didn't want to have to check my pack at the airport, not wanting to have to wait in baggage claim at Heathrow due to a tight time schedule.
They weren't expensive, but well used. I'd posted them to my first night's lodging so as to avoid any issue when travelling.

In Italy you can't carry on. I know a lot of italian pilgrims that traied to fly with walking sticks, but at the controls at the airport (Milan, Rome, Bergamo, Pisa) were confiscated

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first year 2014, I used a large IKEA bag for both the pack and poles and that worked well but it was too heavy to carry on the walk. returning we discovered the plastic wrap at the airport and that got us home. Last year poles on the outside of the pack and plastic wrap worked to get me there. On internal Air France flights they had free heavy duty plastic bags internally, which was great.
That didn't work on the internal flight out of Paris where the plastic wrapper man refused to wrap the pack with poles on the outside and I couldn't fit them in, but a entrepeurial man was hovering for business looking for pilgrims like me and sold me a big overbag. He wanted €20 and I haggled down to €15 but it was still probably too much.
This year I am trialling a Deuter 70 +15L pack (lightweight walkers eat your heart out) but it has a built in rain cover that can cleverly open out and cover the whole pack for airline stowage. We'll see! Good luck to you @Taisce

Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Taisce for the heads up, I was going to ask a question as to what i should do with mine. two of us are flying from Dublin to Bilbao with Aer Lingus . I have put four poles in a posting tube and sealed it well. I have two choices either post them to where we are staying the first night or chec them in.My question is would i be able to check in the tube on its own. Any suggestions welcome. last year i carried them on with Ryanair. Sorry in advance for hijacking your thread but no point in starting a new one for same topic.

The first year 2014, I used a large IKEA bag for both the pack and poles and that worked well but it was too heavy to carry on the walk. returning we discovered the plastic wrap at the airport and that got us home. Last year poles on the outside of the pack and plastic wrap worked to get me there. On internal Air France flights they had free heavy duty plastic bags internally, which was great.
That didn't work on the internal flight out of Paris where the plastic wrapper man refused to wrap the pack with poles on the outside and I couldn't fit them in, but a entrepeurial man was hovering for business looking for pilgrims like me and sold me a big overbag. He wanted €20 and I haggled down to €15 but it was still probably too much.
This year I am trialling a Deuter 70 +15L pack (lightweight walkers eat your heart out) but it has a built in rain cover that can cleverly open out and cover the whole pack for airline stowage. We'll see! Good luck to you @Taisce

WOW 70 +15 litre! If you get stuck for a bed you'll be able to sleep in it! ;)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I lost my poles in London Stansted once, even if I was only transiting through that airport. Stansted doesn't have the option of transferring directly from one flight to another, as it is in all the big airports. You must enter the UK (even if for 10 minutes) and then go back to the airport via passport and security check. That's when I lost my poles.

Yep, had the same thing happen coming home from SdC last year (Ryanair) but it was a cheap n chearful €8 stick from Decathlon. If you value then you'll have to check in!

I have always checked my pack with poles inside on the way to the Camino. On the way home I mail the poles from Santiago and carry on my pack. Ryanair rules and regs clearly state they don't allow walking poles. Although if they were inside the pack I don't see how they could know. It is down to security. My pacerpoles are way too precious to take the risk.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My pacerpoles are way too precious to take the risk.

68595774.jpg

Thank you for blogging live from the Camino del Norte, Magwood!

the plastic wrapper man refused to wrap the pack with poles ...., but a entrepeurial black man was hovering for business looking for pilgrims like me and sold me a big overbag
That's teamwork!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ryan air had us check our walking poles at Santiago de Compestela (SCQ) to Madrid. It was complimentary.

Ryan air had us check our walking poles at Santiago de Compestela (SCQ) to Madrid. It was complimentary.
That's interesting. I will enquire about this next time I use Ryanair, which happens very frequently!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Yes, I too have been told by Santiago airport security people that I 'could have checked in my poles, free' at the airline desks. But how does one know this before going through security?? And would this apply at other Spanish airports? Did the Bilbao security person mention the 'complimentary' carriage of poles--or is that only a Santiago airport camino 'indulgence'?? My telescopic poles fit into my cabin backpack and have not caused offence to the airlines, or to Dublin airport security over many years--despite what both airlines say on their carriage instructions. Return flights from Spain are another matter, but I now pre-book one check-in bag, to be on the safe side--and for any extra purchases in Santiago that wouldn't fit into my backpack.

Thanks Taisce for the heads up, I was going to ask a question as to what i should do with mine. two of us are flying from Dublin to Bilbao with Aer Lingus . I have put four poles in a posting tube and sealed it well. I have two choices either post them to where we are staying the first night or chec them in.My question is would i be able to check in the tube on its own. Any suggestions welcome. last year i carried them on with Ryanair. Sorry in advance for hijacking your thread but no point in starting a new one for same topic.

I'm just back from Santiago..first time - Sarria to SdC..AerLingus allowed me to bring sticks in my carry on going out and at Santiago airport last Sunday they taped them together and put them on as checked luggage..free!..also offered me to check in my backpack free. I said yes! thank you Aer Lingus..

edited by moderator

I have three piece Leki poles which can be separated into their component parts and fit into a 35 litre sack.Just returned from Bilbao airport and watched as a woman was allowed thru security with a golf umberalla.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Hi Taisce. I just got back from the Camino del Norte. I walked from Irún to Bilbao this time. I don't see much need to take sticks. If you're used to them and don't mind their weight on your backpack, then it will not be a problem. They are useful on some tracks where you could also take your own sticks from the nature and leave them behind wherever you want. One difficult stage was from Deba to Markina-Xemein, because the terrain was quite uneven and there were a number of muddy areas. But as I wrote before, you can have at anytime your sticks from nature. There's everywhere a guardian angel. After Santander, the Camino del Norte will become less difficult. Think about it. Buen Camino!
PS. Here an App I would recommend anyone who plans to walk the Camino. Check first the website and the Link to the app will be automatically shown. It was extreme helpful either for the pre-trip as during the trip. http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es

If you're used to them and don't mind their weight on your backpack, then it will not be a problem.
It seems to me that leaving them in your backpack is one of the silliest things to do. If you are going to bring walking poles, use them - that is how you get the benefit from having them.

I just flew from New Zealand on Cathay and Swiss and TAP via Hong Kong Zurich Madrid to Lisbon. Black Diamond z poles in carry on backpack. Not even questioned at security.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you follow this issue in the Forum, you were warned that aviation security is no joke. In the past it seems that some security officials at some airports, in some countries, interpreted written rules differently. For me, exceptions do not frame rules...

This inconsistency at applying written rules resulted in some Forum posters claiming they had "no problems" transporting hiking poles as carry-on items in airplanes. Others informed us they had their poles confiscated.

Two camps formed in this Forum, those that preferred to take their chances with flexible interpretation of written rules, and those that followed the written rules regardless of what a screening official might or might not be inclined to permit on any given day or at any place. Those written rules stated that trekking or hiking poles are NOT permitted as carry-on items - in the US at least. Here is what my online search just revealed: https://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib_results.aspx?search=hiking poles

This is still too sketchy and loose for me, personally and IMHO. My collapsed poles can still be used as a "bludgeon" (to use the TSA's term). Hence, my poles ALWAYS ride in my checked rucksack...period. No chances or risks taken. Everything can be replaced, albeit at some expense. However, as I consider myself irreplaceable ;), there is no contest...the poles ride in cargo...

I would also add that EVERY TIME there is a terrorist atrocity or attempted attack anywhere, the usual security elements tighten security in response, at least for a time. This would result in the sometimes on again, off again permission to bring trekking poles on board an aircraft, being strictly applied. If you opted to take the 50/50 risk that you would get the clueless, uninformed (did not read the latest directive from Headquarters) or possibly over-tired, or even lazy security screening person at your scanning line, you MIGHT get lucky, or you MIGHT lose your poles.

I have always taken the very strict, constructionist view of aviation security and I will not apologize. HOWEVER, in my ongoing efforts to provide helpful information and advice, here is something relative to the OP, above, that I THINK may help.

As you may know, almost all trekking poles have permanently affixed tungsten carbide steel tips at the "business end" of the lower trekking pole segment. THIS feature is what makes the trekking pole a "stabbing weapon" and thus prohibited. Collapsed, some countries and authorities might still consider the collapsed or folded poles as a bludgeon or clubbing weapon. I cannot help there.

This "pointy tip" distinction is also why "normal" walking sticks or canes are always accepted, and without charge, to the carry-on baggage allowance as they are accepted "walking aids." So, my analyst's brain tells me that if you presented a set of trekking poles at airport security, having blunt rubber tips, they could not be rejected, as they lack the hard pointy bits. Thus configured, they are not able to be used as a stabbing weapon. I cannot speak to the striking or bludgeon aspect of the TSA's policy though.

So, in an effort to seek a solution to this "pointy tip" issue, I did some research online for trekking poles with removable tips. Here is what I discovered:

Black Diamond "Z-Poles" come with threaded, removable rubber or spike tips. You can screw on the rubber tips for transport and place the, now removed, screw-on pointy tips in a separate location for later swap-out. Screening officials will not recognize the loose hardware as a threat as they are likely located away from the poles. You replace the spikes on arrival at your starting destination.

I suggest placing a ubiquitous, rubber tip over the reattached spiky point once you start your Camino to eliminate the "click-click-click" sound on paved surfaces.. It will be easier to swap from rubber to spike and back as you walk, without having to pause. I do this with my Leki poles, placing the rubber tips in a pocket when I take them off.

Here is the URL for the Black Diamond poles I refer to. This is the least expensive (USD) of the Z-Pole family:

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/trekking-poles/distance-z-pole-BD112181_cfg.html#start=1

Here is the URL for the accessory, screw-off rubber tips:

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/trekking-poles/rubber-tech-tip-BD1121180000ALL1.html

Both items MAY be available for less expense using online searches.

In addition, and as I use Leki poles exclusively, I contacted Leki directly to ask them: (a) if they had this capability (swapping tips on any of their available models); or (b) could they offer this capability? They replied that they do not now offer this interchangeability, but that many people are asking for it. The request was passed along to the R&D department...whatever...

Leki also provided this illustration to explain how to easily knock your spike tips off the lower pole section:

upload_2016-5-31_9-43-48.png

The only problem with this is that you need to have a suitable tool available. While this only needs to be done twice; first at home, before you journey to Spain or France, etc. to your starting place, and second, before you board a flight home, you still need to have an adjustable spanner / wrench available. It is the second removal that might be a problem to solve.

I can see another problem with doing this more than a couple of times over the life of the poles. Apparently, the tips are affixed at the factory using pressure. If you do this several times, it MIGHT loosen the shaft grip on the inner plastic collar holding the tip. Then again, it might not. One could always use a twist of duck tape to make the tip secure again...but I digress...

For yuks, I tried this on my three-Camino veteran Leki Lightweight poles. These are the same poles that literally saved my life on my first Camino in 2013. They have done one Camino Frances, one Portuguese and one Madrid Caminos. Where I hike they go...period.

My carbide steel tips both came off after three progressively harder "taps" with a 6-inch adjustable wrench. I intentionally used the smallest, 6" wrench, as this is the lightest I have, and also is available in most every "China Store" I have every been in along the Camino. This said, I hasten to add that if you do this at home before leaving for the airport, and cover the empty poles with a pair of rubber tips to make them "air security legal" you only need to tap the tips back on ONCE on arrival, and remove them ONCE before departure on an airplane. So, with some advance thought, it should be doable.

Oh, I also wrapped the open "jaws" of the adjustable wrench / spanner with duck tape before sliding it and striking the rubber collar holding the carbide steel tips so as to not mark the shaft. It worked fine. As most of us carry at least a little bit of duck tape on Camino, this should be reproducible in the field.

Yes, it is a bit of a bother, but I would rather buy and donate a 6-inch wrench / spanner at the end of my Camino, than risk losing the expensive and VERY dear to me trekking poles.

Then again, I ALWAYS check my collapsed poles...;)

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Does seem hit and miss! We have z poles which fold up in a little sleeve and were never questioned. We had them in our packs to Paris. Checked our packs Paris to Bairritz. I am wondering if we can get them back through Santiago. I think I paid the extra to have the packs checked again.

Back to Bilbao airport. I took a flight out of Bilbao in October and they ALLOWED me to take my poles IN my backpack ONTO the plane. I guess it depends who is working on a given day. The two guys questioned me about the poles and made a comment about them not being permitted but when I told them that I have been doing this in and out of Madrid, Seville and Valencia airports 10+ times over the last 6 years after walking the Camino they waived me through. "Camino de Santiago" were the magic words I guess.

I hope that I don't have a problem in July when I fly out of Bilbao again.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It seems to me that leaving them in your backpack is one of the silliest things to do. If you are going to bring walking poles, use them - that is how you get the benefit from having them.
I saw this scene by several pilgrims who on longer tracks (easy and flat trails) just carried them on their backpacks. I'm sorry to say, but I felt every extra gram I had in my backpack, even an apple was too heavy to carry. I was happily relieved every time we stopped to drink and eat because that meant 200 -500 g less in the backpack. And for those who didn't need their sticks for several hours during the day, it must have been really a pain to carry them all along.

Wow! You must be some sort of superman or superwoman :) Those first stages from Irún to Bilbao have been always a killer for me!
haha! Not a superwoman at all! I suffered those killer stages too! But there's a sort of inner voice who said to me: this Camino was been walked several hundreds of years, and there were no walking poles in the past; the peregrinos walked it however they could and they made it... why not me? It is impressive to experience how the knees and muscles regenerated (not the blisters!) overnight and were ready early morning to start again. I do some sports home and sometimes I can't move in a couple of days, but this time with the Camino was something different. Magic.

Thank you for blogging live from the Camino del Norte, Magwood!

@arthur1218, that was much appreciated - both the image and the blog mention.

Whenever I think that I spend way too much time on this forum and vow to cut down, I am drawn back in by the humour and effort that members take to help each other. Thanks also @t2andreo for all your very informative posts.

this Camino was been walked several hundreds of years, and there were no walking poles in the past; the peregrinos walked it however they could and they made it... why not me?
What an interesting perspective. Walking poles, staffs or sticks probably pre-dated the Camino by about the same amount of time man has been using tools. Given the classic depictions of pilgrims and other walking travellers using a staff, it seems unusual to suggest that that they wouldn't have been using such aids.

Hi Taisce. I just got back from the Camino del Norte. I walked from Irún to Bilbao this time. I don't see much need to take sticks. If you're used to them and don't mind their weight on your backpack, then it will not be a problem. They are useful on some tracks where you could also take your own sticks from the nature and leave them behind wherever you want. One difficult stage was from Deba to Markina-Xemein, because the terrain was quite uneven and there were a number of muddy areas. But as I wrote before, you can have at anytime your sticks from nature.
@dougfitz: My humble personal opinion drives me to an earlier posting I wrote, where the sticks are self provided by the nature. I didn't also know what to expect of the Camino del Norte. I read and collected as much information I could before starting, and I got a big fear that I could go unequipped and too "light packed". I was looking forward to buy the pole sticks in Spain if I had to, but I could surprisingly get through some difficult stages without the need of the modern sticks, but the roots of some trees along the way, and it was for just a couple of hours a day. It's my first pilgrimage and I'm not used to carry anything for such a long time a day on my back other than my own kids! This was my little experience on the track from Irún to Bilbao. I respect all those who decide to take their sticks. However, I thought it could be nice to tell my own story to those who struggle with the thought of taking or not their sticks. My pilgrim partners didn't take any natural sticks at all; one is a life-long hiker and the other a geologist... I was the one who had the worst shape!

What an interesting perspective. Walking poles, staffs or sticks probably pre-dated the Camino by about the same amount of time man has been using tools. Given the classic depictions of pilgrims and other walking travellers using a staff, it seems unusual to suggest that that they wouldn't have been using such aids.
I agree with Tom's long winded post. He spells it out very well.
Do you think the Templar's would have been allowed to carry their swords because they were "the Power" at the time.
I think we all need to realize, as much as we would love to live in our "Pollyanna World" there are some bad guys out there looking for ways to evade security.
Checking anything with a hollow core for me is just fine.
Get over your tiny little cost to check a bag, dude.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is a list of items posted at the airport in Bilbao and on that list,if memory serves,no blunt instruments and shows something like a walking pole or walking stick in carry on luggage

I lost my poles in London Stansted once, even if I was only transiting through that airport. Stansted doesn't have the option of transferring directly from one flight to another, as it is in all the big airports. You must enter the UK (even if for 10 minutes) and then go back to the airport via passport and security check. That's when I lost my poles.

Just a heads up: If you fly into JFK for a connecting flight, the chances are 50/50 that you'll have to go through security a second time. I avoid JFK like the plague. It was a great, modern airport when it flew it's first flight in 1948. Needs a few upgrades.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Aren't these pointy things too?
And my point being that the TSA, etc specifically allow umbrellas in their guidance, but not walking poles. So seeing someone carry on an umbrella does not appear to me to be an example of inconsistent interpretation and application of the rules, as might have been inferred in @dalstonmarra's post.

And my point being that the TSA, etc specifically allow umbrellas in their guidance, but not walking poles. So seeing someone carry on an umbrella does not appear to me to be an example of inconsistent interpretation and application of the rules, as might have been inferred in @dalstonmarra's post.
Fair point. Just seems an inconsistent use of common sense (the least common of all the senses, as S Yates says).

Hi folks, got a posting tube today and put our walking poles in it then posted them to where we have booked in Pamplona. We arrive there there on June 13th and I hope they will be there to greet us. We emailed the people at the hostel first and they said to send them on. It only cost 11 euro once we kept the tube under a metre long. I think this will be the easiest way to get them over, we will worry about getting them back when we finish.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I took my sticks home last hear. After much delay and debate they (Iberia) made me check them and charged me 75 Euros!

It's not the airlines but security that the problem. They are very strict on security in Europe at present. Just walk back back to check in and aer lingus and sometimes Ryanair checks them in free.

In May I flew Ryanair from Bilbao with sticks as hand luggage - which airline did you fly with? I will be going back in September and am keen not have this happen to me.

In May I flew Ryanair from Bilbao with sticks as hand luggage - which airline did you fly with? I will be going back in September and am keen not have this happen to me.
As has been stated previously in this thread and elsewhere, TSA rules state that the sticks/poles are not allowed in carry on. Therefore, if it is attempted, there is inherent risk. It doesn't matter who was successful in doing so, when or where; past success is no guarantee of future success.

p.s. I think I should have said "security rules" rather than "TSA rules" as TSA is an American thing. Apologies for my "Ugly American" moment.

Last edited:
Hello, I have had s similar problem in the past. Did you have the fold up sticks that can fit in a carry on pack or the long stick? I ask because I am going Ryan air with just carry on. I hope they will allow my fold up pole inside my bag?
As has been stated previously in this thread and elsewhere, TSA rules state that the sticks/poles are not allowed in carry on. Therefore, if it is attempted, there is inherent risk. It doesn't matter who was successful in doing so, when or where; past success is no guarantee of future success.

p.s. I think I should have said "security rules" rather than "TSA rules" as TSA is an American thing. Apologies for my "Ugly American" moment.

I had mine confiscated leaving Santiago last year-it's a security thing apparently( they can be used as a weapon?!) not airline-although when I cleared security I saw l other people wandering around with theirs. You can check in for free if you say they are for health reason i.e arthritis- and they don't check your letter always and I just packaged mine up with my friends - they re really quick to pick up as both times they were waiting for us as we came through- usually hey are at 'out-sized' luggage' not on the carosel . Alternatively get some that fold up really small - Amazon do 55cm and put them in your rucksack!

The post office has mailing boxes for walking sticks. A person can mail them home inexpensively. We received our about a week after arriving back at home.

Better check with the airport and airline re. checking in the tube. It was the Bilbao airport security which stopped us carrying them on board, but it could just have easily been the airline. Posting to the first night's accommodation would be good, then posting them back to Ireland before you leave. The cost of postage will determine if it's worth it.

The post office has mailing boxes for walking sticks. A person can mail them home inexpensively. We received our about a week after arriving back at home.
Thanks. Good idea. Was that in Spain? I'm doing some of the walk in France next month. Anyone know if they also have mailing boxes for walking sticks?

€83,-
Gary94123 that's interesting that Ryanair didn't charge you for checking them in. Amazing even!

I'm curious about why so many people carry on their backpacks? Why not just check them?
Two reasons: (1) they are worried that a checked bag will go missing or be delayed; (2) avoiding the need and slight delay from having to go pick up the bag.

I'm not advocating anything here; just answering the question. The two reasons seem valid but not terribly compelling. I have sometimes checked and sometimes not.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Two reasons: (1) they are worried that a checked bag will go missing or be delayed; (2) avoiding the need and slight delay from having to go pick up the bag.

I'm not advocating anything here; just answering the question. The two reasons seem valid but not terribly compelling. I have sometimes checked and sometimes not.

And another reason - a 'low cost' airline (maybe just within Europe?) levies a cost for checking a bag that could be equivalent to cost of the low cost flight (although the flights aren't quite so low cost as the used to be).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.