• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino after surgery to repair a torn peroneal tendon?

hfenton

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Invierno (2023)
I am interested in hearing about the experiences of anyone who walked a Camino route after having surgery to repair torn peroneal tendons. What was your recovery period from surgery to walking the Camino? Was there any special recovery routine you practiced? And what was your experience walking the Camino (distance, speed, etc)?

I had surgery to repair horizontal tears in the peroneal tendon of my right foot in April 2018. I'm hoping to return to the Camino Frances in 2020 to walk from Leon to Sarria, which is a good portion of the route I had to skip because of the pain associated with the tears and a stress fracture that began to develop shortly after Granon. I'm routinely walking 2-3 miles now, with 6 miles (10 km) with a short break in the middle being the longest distance. I'm hoping to be able to average at least 8 miles (13 km) a day when I return to the Camino next year.

Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Every surgery is different.
Every result is different.
Every recovery is different.
Every outcome is different.
This question should ONLY be addressed to the doctor who is overseeing your recovery and your physical therapist (physiotherapist). The best way to re-injure yourself is to follow the advice of a layman. If you don’t trust your doctor or your therapist find a new one.

Every surgery is different.
Every result is different.
Every recovery is different.
Every outcome is different.
This question should ONLY be addressed to the doctor who is overseeing your recovery and your physical therapist (physiotherapist). The best way to re-injure yourself is to follow the advice of a layman. If you don’t trust your doctor or your therapist find a new one.

That said I'm still curious to hear about other pilgrims' experiences. You will note in my post that I'm not asking for advice, only about experiences. This forum is all about people asking others about their experiences on a myriad of topics, some even health related. So I hope your reply doesn't discourage others from relaying their experiences in response to my request.

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That said I'm still curious to hear about other pilgrims' experiences. You will note in my post that I'm not asking for advice, only about experiences. This forum is all about people asking others about their experiences on a myriad of topics, some even health related. So I hope your reply doesn't discourage others from relaying their experiences in response to my request.

Buen Camino
Hope you get the experiences

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back