Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Walking the Camino de Invierno November 2018

Texasguy

And so...we keep on walking ..
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Lebaniego y Vadiniese - October 2022
Hello Peregrinos,

Wondering if anyone will be on the invierno this coming up week? Nov 22?
I am planning to start on Wednesday or Thursday, and wondering if another Peregrino is actually walking right now, or will be walking this coming up week.

Buen Camino!!!!

Texas guy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Peregrinos,

I am planning to start on Wednesday or Thursday, and wondering if another Peregrino is actually walking right now, or will be walking this coming up week.

Buen Camino!!!!

Texas guy

Oh, Texas guy,
Lucky you. I have walked twice in spring and summer and didn’t see others, so i think the chances that you will meet others are slim.

I am right now working on updates to the forum guide. If you haven’t seen it, it’s here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/invierno-forum-guide.535/

It doesn’t look like there are going to be too many major changes, and I think the guide is pretty good. But I know there are many of us who would love to hear how it goes for you!

Oh, Texas guy,
Lucky you. I have walked twice in spring and summer and didn’t see others, so i think the chances that you will meet others are slim.

I am right now working on updates to the forum guide. If you haven’t seen it, it’s here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/invierno-forum-guide.535/

It doesn’t look like there are going to be too many major changes, and I think the guide is pretty good. But I know there are many of us who would love to hear how it goes for you!

Lori,

Thank you so much!!

I am leaving DALLAS today, I will post as soon as I get to Ponferrada.

Texas guy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Enjoy the walk along an amazing route that will be, in all likelihood, being walked by only yourself, apart from the first few hundred steps at Ponferreda and the last day or two when you come closer to Santiago. Nonetheless, it will be, I am confident, an enriching experience.

Buen camino !

Texas Guy, how wonderful for you. The Invierno will be beautiful, if chilly. I walked alone back in June this year and saw one or two pilgrims some days, occasionally 3 or 4 at night, but, as the others have said, will probably be less at this time of year. However, the locals are welcoming and supportive and I found the guy in the Pilgrim Hut in Ponferrada helpful and he may be able to tell you if anyone else is going that way and give you recent updates on the Invierno. I'm sorry I've misplaced my notes and his name, I'm hopeless, but the little hut is right there opposite the intersection where the Invierno leaves the Camino Frances. It's not always open but knock on the door anyway.
Buen camino. Carole.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Peregrinos,

Buen Camino!!!!

Texas guy
I left Ponferrada on Sunday but am going rather slowly so you will probably catch me up en route or at Santiago. Bit rainy this morning in O Barco, but I'm loving the beauty of the walks beside the Sil, with the trees and vines still in autumn glory, and a very tasty local godello white with lunch yesterday. And As Médulas was mind-boggling.
_20181118_173641.JPG

Attachments

• _20181118_173641.JPG
    _20181118_173641.JPG
    503.5 KB · Views: 7
I left Ponferrada on Sunday but am going rather slowly so you will probably catch me up en route or at Santiago. Bit rainy this morning in O Barco, but I'm loving the beauty of the walks beside the Sil, with the trees and vines still in autumn glory, and a very tasty local godello white with lunch yesterday. And As Médulas was mind-boggling.
View attachment 49061

I’ve made this a “live from the camino thread,” but Alan, if you want your “own” thread, you could start another one.

What have been your stages and how are you finding things ? (asked by an inquisitive forum member who is working on updating the current Invierno guide ;))

Lori,

Thank you so much!!

I am leaving DALLAS today, I will post as soon as I get to Ponferrada.

Texas guy

Keep us posted mate and have a lovely Camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yo Taxas Guy,
I am in Carrion de los Condes tonight in the company of fine pilgrims and polishing of a decent Menu del Dia. It’s cold with clear blue skies. Perfect.
The groups of pilgrims here know each other and look out for each other.
The local people have time for us and it shows how kind and supportive they are when they are not overwhelmed by hundreds of peretourists in the summer. I am sure you will enjoy the real Camino which now can only be realised in Winter

I’ve made this a “live from the camino thread,” but Alan, if you want your “own” thread, you could start another one.
@alansykes , that photo of Las Medulas (and all the chestnuts turning color) is glorious. Thank you!
I am guessing that anyone walking this camino in the autumn would have glories around almost every corner.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back