Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Walking the Camino Frances on stilts

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
The Way: Through a Field of Stars (audiobook)
There is a secret code of the Knights Templar on the Camino de Santiago...

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
The Way: Through a Field of Stars (audiobook)
There is a secret code of the Knights Templar on the Camino de Santiago...
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

cbacino

Camino del Norte - Primitivo (2018)
Via Francigena (2017)
Appalachian Trail (2016)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
Not that unusual, here's a crowd of good old boys out for a night on the town in Les Landes region of France

1657023974345.png

And it gives a whole new meaning to the word "postman"

1657024054279.png

The staff he's carrying is meant to allow him to rest without getting down - turns him into a tripod (honestly).

1657024223776.png

Last edited:
Create your own ad
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
Stumbled upon them while on holiday about 25 years ago at a small town fete in the Landes region. We thought it was a circus act at first.
My daughters, then 7 and 9, tried out the "starter" ones that raised them about 50cm off the ground but as they've both ended up just shy of 184cm stilts weren't really needed!

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Frances May-June/2022
Finisterre June-July/2022
An odd story I saw today. An Italian man who has just walked about 150km of the Camino Frances on stilts.

I met Gulio on June 17th in Fonfria. At first I just couldn't believe my eyes... I guess at 2nd and 3rd, I STILL couldn't believe it.
He asked me to take his photo with his phone and of course I was clicking mine any chance I got..
Giulio told me he started in Leon and acknowledged that he did worked in the circus.
Here is a link to my FindPenguins post relating to the subject:

Last edited:
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Rover

Camino Francis, Fall 2016

Most read last week in this forum

Good day all, I started preparing for the French Way already in July, namely by running 5 times a week. At the moment I can already run more than 10 kilometers; my goal is to run 14 km without a...
Hi all, I started training some in June, did more in July, and now aim to train nearly every day in August. I'm up to 10k steps a day which doesn't just drain me or make me ultra sore, but where...
We are near Puente la Riena coming from SJPD. Very light number of Pilgrams and plenty of beds available.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon