• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Walking the Camino Frances on stilts

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Not an odd story at all - the reasons and methods of pilgrimage are vast. Much appreciation to him for standing up (literally :)) for this profession. As a cultural worker, his story certainly resonates with me. Our industry is making its way back slowly - the impact will be felt for years. Good on him!! Thank you for sharing this story.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Not that unusual, here's a crowd of good old boys out for a night on the town in Les Landes region of France

1657023974345.png

And it gives a whole new meaning to the word "postman"

1657024054279.png

The staff he's carrying is meant to allow him to rest without getting down - turns him into a tripod (honestly).

1657024223776.png

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Stumbled upon them while on holiday about 25 years ago at a small town fete in the Landes region. We thought it was a circus act at first.
My daughters, then 7 and 9, tried out the "starter" ones that raised them about 50cm off the ground but as they've both ended up just shy of 184cm stilts weren't really needed!

An odd story I saw today. An Italian man who has just walked about 150km of the Camino Frances on stilts.

I met Gulio on June 17th in Fonfria. At first I just couldn't believe my eyes... I guess at 2nd and 3rd, I STILL couldn't believe it.
He asked me to take his photo with his phone and of course I was clicking mine any chance I got..
Giulio told me he started in Leon and acknowledged that he did worked in the circus.
Here is a link to my FindPenguins post relating to the subject:

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Back