• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the camino in november for 2 weeks

Marcel234

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
Time of past OR future Camino
2009/10/11/12/13/14/15/16 and this June 2017
Hello everybody!

Summer 2009 I walked the first part of the cvamino frances from St Jean to Sahagun. This summer I walked from Sahagun to Santiago, I arrived in Santiago on the 26th of july. It was awesome and I'm missing it every single day, especially the people. I met so many interesting people from different countries and with some of them I'm still in contact.

So yesterday I was daydreaming about my next trip. And I was thinking, why not the camino. So I'm thinking about leaving on the 6th of november for 2 weeks (approx. 12 days of walking). Looked at my planning of last year and saw that I can walk from St. Jean to Burgos. But I'm used to the summer camino. What is it like in november. How is the route napoleaon in november. And I'm used to walking in my shorts and t-shirts, what do I have to take in november? Can it be really cold, like freezing?

Thanks and grzt from Amsterdam!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola

I walked over the route Napoleon in November. At the beginning I needed sunscreen and at the top a rain jacket. In my expereince November isn´t exactly an "all weather" month - I had many days walking in t shirt and shorts but there was also rain and clod nights. Be prepared!

John

Marcel, you could walk a different route. Perhaps from el Ferrol to Santiago and then on to Finisterre. They are both lovely routes and you should'nt be at risk of snow.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
sillydoll said:
Marcel, you could walk a different route. Perhaps from el Ferrol to Santiago and then on to Finisterre. They are both lovely routes and you should'nt be at risk of snow.

That's a good idea too. I will read about that route. I'm a little bit in doubt. I would love to do a new route, but my memories of the first part of the frances are so great that it's like a magnet. ;-)

I forgot to ask but an important aspect for me is the social part. I have fallen in love with the camino because of the people. I like to walk in soltitude, but I love to meet new people. What is that like in November. Is it really quiet and does the age of the pilgrims differ from summer?

Thanx for the help.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The Camino Ingles is a quiet route even in the busy months so maybe November isn't the right time to walk it.
Pope Benedict arrives in Santiago on 6th November so flights to Galicia could be fairly busy!

Hola Marcel,

I too am heading back to the Camino Frances in November.
I was also wondering about the numbers but my research found that this year, the holy year means more pilgrims across all routes in general.

There should well over 3,000 pilgrims walking the French route this November, if 2004, the last holy year is anything to go by.
I actually thought November would be perfect, none of the crowds but still plenty of people to walk with and a nice miz of the elements.

I leave St Jean 28th by the way, maybe i'll see you at some point!

Greg

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
In most years the albergues begin closing at the end of October. You can get information from hospitaleros about the places ahead, but you will need to be flexible on your schedule.

gregdedman said:
Hola Marcel,

I too am heading back to the Camino Frances in November.
I was also wondering about the numbers but my research found that this year, the holy year means more pilgrims across all routes in general.

There should well over 3,000 pilgrims walking the French route this November, if 2004, the last holy year is anything to go by.
I actually thought November would be perfect, none of the crowds but still plenty of people to walk with and a nice miz of the elements.

I leave St Jean 28th by the way, maybe i'll see you at some point!

Greg

I was also hoping it would be a perfect mix of soltitude and companionship. Although I must say that I didn't find it too crowded this summer. In the summer of 2009 it felt so much busier.

You're leaving the 28th of october? Maybe I do see you! Buen camino.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back