• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino Ingles Solo In February or March

Eliza.c

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018-2020
Camino Ingles 2020
I would like to walk the Camino Ingles sometime in between mid Feb and mid March. I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to advise:
Am I likely to meet a few other pilgrims along the way? Although I want to walk on my own for some headspace I don’t want to feel too isolated.
I have walked most of the Frances with friends and thought I could do that solo, but not sure about the Ingles out of season - would it be more advisable for me to walk part of the Frances or Portuguese...
Will plenty of albergues, restaurants and bars be open along the way and if they are empty or closed will there be hotels or hostels I can stay in.
And finally will there be bag transfer available in case I need a day or two without my bag?
You probably think if I am that worried about everything I should stay at home 🤨 but maybe it’s a case of feel the fear and do it anyway ... 💪🥾

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi and welcome to the forum @Eliza.c ,

You might meet some other pilgrims, as the CI is increasing rapidly in popularity but you should also be prepared to be occasionally alone.
I walked it, in bits and pieces, now several times and always alone, and would do so also in February/March.
The Xunta albergues will be open, plus some of the pensions in the bigger places like Pontedeume and Ferrol, same for bars/restaurants, those that cater to the locals will be open.
Bag transport will be difficult, the usual services start normally around Easter on that route, but in emergency, you could send it always ahead by taxi.

Hope that helps,

BC SY

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Am I likely to meet a few other pilgrims along the way? Although I want to walk on my own for some headspace I don’t want to feel too isolated.

Hi, I start walking from Ferrol on 10 Feb. If that’s not too early in Feb you are welcome to join me. We don’t have to stay together if we don’t get on! I also like walking alone, but it’s nice to know there’s a kindred spirit ahead or behind, and to share a vino tinto with in the evening.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-in-february.65705/

Jill

Thank you Jill
That is really kind of you - I will check dates/flights and be in touch if they match. Like you say it’s good to know someone else who is on the Way.
Liz

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would like to walk the Camino Ingles sometime in between mid Feb and mid March. I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to advise:
I have walked most of the Frances with friends and thought I could do that solo, but not sure about the Ingles out of season - would it be more advisable for me to walk part of the Frances or Portuguese...
Will plenty of albergues, restaurants and bars be open along the way and if they are empty or closed will there be hotels or hostels I can stay in.
And finally will there be bag transfer available in case I need a day or two without my bag?
You probably think if I am that worried about everything I should stay at home 🤨 but maybe it’s a case of feel the fear and do it anyway ... 💪🥾

I walked the Ingles in February 2018. I think I saw one other peregrino before arriving in Santiago but I’m not certain.

Hi Eliza. I just noticed your thread. You must be full of information by now, so the little I have to add will not weigh too much! You will be fine, there is very little isolation. For the first time, last year on the Ingles I booked all the accommodation along the way, because I am slow and did not want to run the risk not finding a bed. In some places, that would have been the case. I seriously doubt that will be your situation. I also used Correos to send forward one rucksack each day. That was a godsend, because of my knee. I would not like to think it would become a habit! if it has to be, though, I would not hesitate to do so again. The last place we stayed in is the only one I will recommend, just because: nothing to do with merits or otherwise of the others. Just because that one was so welcoming and the people who welcomed us did so with such generosity.
Albergue Camiño Real
Do post when you have finished, as your experience will be useful for others.
Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walked the Ingles in February 2018. I think I saw one other peregrino before arriving in Santiago but I’m not certain.
I walked the Camino Ingles in March 2018. I saw scarcely any other peregrinos until the cafe with the dinosaurs just a little on from Bruma. There were about 10 people in there but God knows where they’d been before that. It’s generally pretty isolated. I really enjoyed it, though.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back