• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino Mozarabe in October.

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear Forum members,
I am planning to walk this route coming October starting from Almeria on October 1. Is this time ideal to tske this route and will it still be too hot?
I have also doubt about the albergues available. Has anyone has a list of albergues?
I chose this route as this is not yet too popular. Having walked the via de la Plata last October how does this route compare?
I appreciate if anyone would recommend a good guide book.
Are there many waymarks?
Thank you and I look forward for your help.
Buen camino,
Ray

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Where are you aiming to walk to Raymond? That will have some implications for the answers to your questions.

will it still be too hot?
I left Almeria at roughly the same time of year in 2017. First few days, I felt hot in the afternoon (mid-30s), so I got into the habit of starting early in the morning and finding a shady spot for a rest in the afternoon. During the journey to Granada, you climb to 1,400m and the temperature is more bearable. Later in October, things cool down - Of course it can be different from year to year. If you're planning to continue on VdlP toward Santiago, you will find that you hit cold temperatures from November onward.

I have also doubt about the albergues available. Has anyone has a list of albergues?
You can find the guide to albergues from Almeria to Merida on the Almeria Association website and Facebook page. It is usually updated every month. As you will see, there is a good network of municipal and private albergues. In places where there are no albergues, there are usually hotels with pilgrim prices less than €25 :

I chose this route as this is not yet too popular. Having walked the via de la Plata last October how does this route compare?
Fewer pilgrims than on VdlP. But waymarking and albergue network are excellent for most of the way. And some of the associations on this Camino are very helpful. It's really worthwhile to get in touch with them before you go. They are ready to welcome all pilgrims personally in Almeria and they will stay in touch and provide the help that you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It’s fantastic between Granada and Córdoba. Mainly olive groves, well marked. Small hotels in most places if albergues shut. You will have the way to yourself almost entirely

It’s fantastic between Granada and Córdoba. Mainly olive groves, well marked. Small hotels in most places if albergues shut. You will have the way to yourself almost entirely
Great Tony..I am looking for this kind of Camino ...

Where are you aiming to walk to Raymond? That will have some implications for the answers to your questions.

I left Almeria at roughly the same time of year in 2017. First few days, I felt hot in the afternoon (mid-30s), so I got into the habit of starting early in the morning and finding a shady spot for a rest in the afternoon. During the journey to Granada, you climb to 1,400m and the temperature is more bearable. Later in October, things cool down - Of course it can be different from year to year. If you're planning to continue on VdlP toward Santiago, you will find that you hit cold temperatures from November onward.

You can find the guide to albergues from Almeria to Merida on the Almeria Association website and Facebook page. It is usually updated every month. As you will see, there is a good network of municipal and private albergues. In places where there are no albergues, there are usually hotels with pilgrim prices less than €25 :

Fewer pilgrims than on VdlP. But waymarking and albergue network are excellent for most of the way. And some of the associations on this Camino are very helpful. It's really worthwhile to get in touch with them before you go. They are ready to welcome all pilgrims personally in Almeria and they will stay in touch and provide the help that you need.
Thank You Raggy for your great description.
I Normally leave early ..before sunrise and since the waymarking is good it will not be a problem.
I intend to walk till Merida ..but will not continue the Via de La Plata as I did it last October.
I will be catching a bus to Oviedo to continue my walk to Santiago Via the Primitivo. I understand that by then It can be cold and so I will need to carry some few mor cloths but this deos not bother me. Last year I had evben snow storms early November on the Sanabres.
Once more thanks for your support.
Ray

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back