• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking The Costa da Morte Coastal Trail

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
A Powerpoint is worth a thousand words...Here is a great slideshow of all the beauties near The Little Fox House in Carantoña, Ponte do Porto (between Camarinas and Vimianzo on the map above). If you wanted to hike even part of it I´d be very happy to help you arrange your walk. If you wanted just to chill out at A Caso do Raposito after your Camino but thought you might like to see some of the surrounding area too, I am currently designing some "History and Mystery Tours" by car, also por donativo.
Enjoy...(I do!)
http://www.slideshare.net/BELLOCASTRO/a-costadamorteppt

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Is that possible in english T
Thanks,
David

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is the only one I can find but I am sure if you Google Costa Da Morte walking trail you will find all sorts of info. You Tube too. Fundacion Neria have lots of really good information in English.

For anyone wondering about doing this I can give you an enthusiastic review. My sister and I just spent five days walking from Finisterre up the coast. The sights are beautiful, the trails are well marked and the stays are easy to set up.

We walked Finisterre-Lires-Muxia-Carantona the first three days; using the camino markers and then Tracy's markers to her retreat at the Little Fox House. The last two days we walked from the lighthouse north of Camarinas to Camelle and then the next day we did Camelle to Laxe. The walking those last two days was really special. It's almost all along the coast line and for most of each day we were the only people as far as we could see. It's a combination of beach walking, farmer's trails and gravel paths and a bit of asphalt walking around the towns. The place is pristine, untrammeled and authentic.

Tracy/Priscillian was wonderfully helpful; giving us a cozy place to stay, yummy food to eat, sharing her knowledge of the region and dropping us off at the start and picking us up at the end of each day. If you're thinking of spending any extra time in Galicia after you've finished walking your camino this would be a great place to linger.Tracy is a great resource and her Little Fox House retreat is a real gift!

Well thank you, Ms Andrea! It was surely a pleasure. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
More photos from FoxyHouse, from Carantoña and the surroundings, like Manfred Gnädingers museum and art in Camelle, the route AndreaF is writing about (and that I simply have to do myself someday!!!!) and from the hights with windmills and simi-wild horses, the ruins of a local historic village + a lot of local info as comments to the photos in this Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/334160916685740/
All is wellcome to join and enjoy :)

A picture is worth a thousand posts.
Here's what you can expect if you walk this trail...
Over and over again!
(PS Sorry the beach is so crowded.)

Attachments

• Tracy Beach.jpg
    Tracy Beach.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 386
And then you come around a point of land and walk into a little fishing village like this...

Attachments

• resized galicia 1.jpg
    resized galicia 1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 369
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back