• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking the del norte between Vialba and Santiago

Dorthe

I am planning my first camino pilgramige for June 2010 and finding all the info in your forum very helpful and inspiring. Thank you so much. Because of limited time I have to take the train/ bus between Bilbao and Vilalba. Are the services available? Then there is a long walk between Baarmonde and Sobrado dos Moinxes, 38,9 km, which might just be to long for one day. Is that part an easy hike or could I find accomodation anywhere in between? Or is it the wrong route to take to Santiago, because on the map here, it doesn't look like passing through Vilalba. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.
Dorthe

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dorthe said:
Then there is a long walk between Baarmonde and Sobrado dos Moinxes, 38,9 km, which might just be to long for one day. Is that part an easy hike or could I find accomodation anywhere in between?

Hi!
Have no fear. There's a very good albergue between Baamonde and Sobrado at Miraz. It's handled by the CSJ. It should be one of your most pleasant stay according to my experience. It's about half way in between.
Check on Mundicamino.com for more info.

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

I walked this route last September, in the following stages:

Vilalba - Baamonde

Baamonde - Miraz

Miraz - Sobrado Dos Monxes

Sobrado - Arzua

Arzua - Monte Do Gozo

Monte Do Gozo - Santiago

Miraz was delightful. We all ate a meal together with the Hospitalero and Hospitalera (Alison Raju) and drank far too much wine bought from the local bar.

Note that the bar is just a bar. There is no shop, so you have to take your own food.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi there
In June 2009 we stayed Vilalba, Baamonde, Miraz (very special) ,Sobrada and THEN walked direct to St Irene and took an older path from Sobrada as documented in the CSJ guide which bypasses Arzua. Mind you, we had been walking a month before hand and the Sobrado - St Irene was about 35km , yet reasonably flat. So that is an option, There are few arrows that way however the directions are clear in the CSJ - nobody else in the way though!.
Cheers Jill

Thanks to you all for the good information. Jean-Marc, I have checked the site you advised and found it very, very helpful. It is so much fun to do all the planning and reading all the info from the forum. Be sure that you will hear more questions from down under. Thanks to all of you.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.