• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Ingles from Ferrol to Santiago via A Coruña?

Scott the Trekker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2016)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2020)
Hola Perigrinos!

My wife and I are planning to return to Spain next year to walk another Camino with a few family members. My wife is from A Coruña, so she'd like to visit her hometown as a part of our Camino. We'd also like to get a Compostella. So, I thought we could add A Coruña to the Ingles route from Ferrol. Looking at the map, it seems relatively easy to go from A Ponte do Porcos through Olieros to A Coruña. But experience tells me that sometimes what seems fairly straight forward on the map sometimes is a bit more difficult on the ground. Has anyone else done this? If so, can you offer any advice?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Check out https://snicholl5.wixsite.com/home-site/santiago then look at Pilgrinage IV and you'll see how I managed both routes of the Camino Ingles in one go - albeit using a bus to re-start in the second town.
Buen camino, Scott.
Stephen, you have given me the greatest laugh. I only got as far as your blister solution, using panty liners. I had to stop,, I am laughing os much! I will go back to it. First, attend to lunch, watch a bit more of the Camino Journey - so poignant, knowing that Danny Sheehy doesn't make it home at the very end... and then I will read the rest of your blog, hoping I don't have to stop till laughter subsides again...

Stephen, you have given me the greatest laugh. I only got as far as your blister solution, using panty liners. I had to stop,, I am laughing os much! I will go back to it. First, attend to lunch, watch a bit more of the Camino Journey - so poignant, knowing that Danny Sheehy doesn't make it home at the very end... and then I will read the rest of your blog, hoping I don't have to stop till laughter subsides again...
Not a drum was heard.. we heard the same words, a life time ago!

Stephen, you have given me the greatest laugh. I only got as far as your blister solution, using panty liners. I had to stop,, I am laughing os much!
Kirkie - greetings young one! Panty liners are a serious option for the prevention of under-foot blisters. But if it gave you a laugh - I'm happy with that! And I hasten to add that they are not used in the usual way - but on the soles of your feet :D !!
Meanwhile.... buen camino to Scott the trekker....

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola Perigrinos!

My wife and I are planning to return to Spain next year to walk another Camino with a few family members. My wife is from A Coruña, so she'd like to visit her hometown as a part of our Camino. We'd also like to get a Compostella. So, I thought we could add A Coruña to the Ingles route from Ferrol. Looking at the map, it seems relatively easy to go from A Ponte do Porcos through Olieros to A Coruña. But experience tells me that sometimes what seems fairly straight forward on the map sometimes is a bit more difficult on the ground. Has anyone else done this? If so, can you offer any advice?
I haven't done it, but your post opened up the path to Stephen's account which I have just finished reading - very enjoyable, and easy enough to 'get' the reality of the options on each stage. I will try to remember to update you after my own Ingles, due this summer. Buen Camino.

I walked the Ingles in May. I flew to A Coruna and enjoyed two days there as a tourist before catching the bus to Ferrol and starting our walk. If you'd like to walk from both places, the two paths meet up in Bruma. So you could walk from A Coruna-Bruma, then catch the bus or taxi to Ferrol and walk again. There are many ways to do this.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply! I appreciate the advice, information and suggestions! While I'd love to cut across from A Ponte do Porcos through Olieros to A Coruña, after a bit of research on Google Maps, there are simply too many places where there is no safe way to walk along the roads. I'm sure there are country lanes, etc., but without flying over to do the work on the ground, the best way seems to be walking to Bruma and then taking a bus up to Ferrol and then walking back down. This will ensure that we receive Compostellas and give us the opportunity to do the Camino Ingles from A Coruña, which my wife is sure to enjoy.

Thanks again, everyone! Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! Im walking the Camino Ingles starting from Ferrol on the 8th May, arriving in SdC on the 14th (and staying til the 17th :) ) Ive not walked a camino before, nor have I ever really done any...
Hi! would arrive by train from Madrid at 23:22 at Ferrol station and from there heading to the parador ferrol (solo female traveler). Is taxi widely available? should i arrange the parador to send...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back