• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the St Olavsleden

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Past: a few
Last: Sanabres
Next: St Olav's Way
I am leaving shortly for a long trip to Sundsvall, and plan to start walking the St Olavsleden route from Selanger later in the week. I expect to be in Trondheim for Olsok eve, and stay a few days for the Olavsfestdagene before heading back home via England and Western Australia in early August.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
God tur @dougfitz ! It is a fascinating route in lots of ways - and very different from the Spanish Caminos. After you have finished I'd be interested to hear how it compares with your Gudbrandsdalen experience. All the best!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No Longyearbyen and its polar bears in the summer sun?;)
No polar bears - but the route passes through one of the densest brown bear populations in Europe. I saw bear tracks on the path one morning about 10 minutes from where I camped for the night :eek: Lots of moose too and a few reindeer. And there is just a chance of spotting Storsjöodjuret - the Loch Ness Monster's Swedish cousin ;)

Velkommen til Norge!

I'll be following in your footsteps from Sundsvall/Selanger a month from now. God tur/buen camino, and I hope you'll keep us posted!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am leaving shortly for a long trip to Sundsvall, and plan to start walking the St Olavsleden route from Selanger later in the week. I expect to be in Trondheim for Olsok eve, and stay a few days for the Olavsfestdagene before heading back home via England and Western Australia in early August.
God tur och lycka till!

BP

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I arrived at Nidarosdomen yesterday (26/7). In all it took 28 walking days, a couple of adjustments to my original schedule, and the support of the many Swedes and Norwegians who run herberge, open up their houses to pilgrims, or manage to fit in a pilgrim around the other aspects of running their farms or resorts.

Many of you will know that the temperatures have been very high in northern Europe. Parts of the St Olavsleden route were closed and rerouted in Sweden a few days after I passed through, so perhaps I avoided the worst affected areas when conditions got really bad.

There is much to recommend this route to anyone wanting to walk alone or with a small number of friends.

Most questions about this route are answered on the St Olavsleden website - www.stolavsleden.com. Should anyone with a genuine interest in this route have questions about it that aren't answered there, PM me.

Good to hear you have enjoyed the experience. I was wondering how things were going for you when hearing about the big forest fires in Sweden recently. Not a hazard that had even crossed my mind before.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well done @doug and glad it all went well for you. It sounds like a very interesting route.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very interesting to learn about. Glad you had a good trip!

OMG so jealous. Buen camino and hoping to read your experience.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back